[27]

I stood in the corridor, following Anakin and Crosshair after deciding to split up into two groups to know where Echo might be

I stood in the corridor, following Anakin and Crosshair after deciding to split up into two groups to know where Echo might be. I arrived at a doorway, watching it slide open to reveal a storage room inside.

I carefully stepped in holding my blaster and dagger into both of my hands as I survey the room. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, only for the sound of some back-up generators powering up this place.

Once I checked every corner of the room for any hidden passageways, I stepped out into the hallway only to hear the sound of blaster fire erupting from two doors ahead of me.

I carefully held my blaster steady as I arrived in time to see Crosshair firing a shot at a commando droid, dropping dead on the floor. Looking behind him to see Anakin holding his lightsaber steady as he realized that Crosshair saved him from the blast.

I instantly looked back at Cross, patting him on the shoulder with a smile forming on my lips. "Nice shot. Guess you're not completely heartless." I teased as Cross looked at me. "Don't push it, Mari." He spoke as we began to run down the corridor.

Adrenaline coursed through my legs to see up ahead a group of droids aiming their blasters towards the team. On instinct, Anakin used the Force to push a large group of clankers out of the way as he began to slice away the droids with his lightsaber.

I, on the other hand took out both of my daggers and begin slicing the droids at their necks, using my flexibility to dodge some blaster fire coming right at me as we all began to fight against the large platoon.

In the end, I watched Crosshair sliding on his back to fire two more shots from his sniper as I pinned a droid down against my foot before slicing his neck with my vibro-blade, electricity surging out of its system.

"Is there any more?" I asked, noticing all the clankers lying dead on the floor only to hear the sound of blaster fire erupting from both sides.

"Ugh, why do I always have to jinx it?" I muttered. "Because you predict too much." Cross spoke, firing back with his sniper as I rolled my eyes at him. Wishing I wasn't always right when it came to fighting droids.

I took cover between Wrecker and Crosshair as the rest of the team took cover on the other side of the wall to avoid the incoming blasts raining down on them.

"Tech, open that door for Rex!" Anakin yelled as Tech immediately pulled out his datapad.

"Yes, sir!"

"I hope you find what you're looking for, Captain." Hunter spoke, turning to look at Rex for a moment as he gave a nod before running off to stand next to Tech at the entrance. Working quickly to get the door open.

"Think you can manage without me?" I asked, referring to Cross and Wreck as they both became focused on firing at the droids coming right at them. "Don't worry, Mari. These clankers haven't seen nothing yet." Wrecker teased as Cross stopped for a moment to spare a glance at me.