[53]

With Bane and Fennec out of the way, I instructed Omega how to pilot the pod we were sitting in

With Bane and Fennec out of the way, I instructed Omega how to pilot the pod we were sitting in. My only hope is that we make it to open space soon and see if Hunter and the others have gotten our transmission.

"Mari, the pod!" Omega cried out in front of me, snapping me back to reality as I peered over her shoulder to see the controls blaring. On the screen, one of the engines on the left was starting to fail. I press some buttons on the screen to know if there was another method to divert power but nothing was working as the engines were suddenly cut off.

I felt the pod beginning to go into free fall, making my stomach go up to my chest as I held on tight to Omega within my lap.

There was nothing to see but clouds ahead of us. Not knowing if we're going to crash into open water or on land.

"I'm scared, Mari." Omega whimpered, cradling her head close to my chest as I shushed her  gently. I pulled her even closer with my head resting against her scalp.

>>"It's ok, Omega. We're gonna be fine, we're gonna fine. I'm here." With the pod diving fast, there was no way we were going to survive this, let alone how close we were from reaching land.

The last thing I want is for Omega to be scare even though we were not going to make it. I held her tight within my embrace, closing my eyes as I became ready to accept my fate. My only wish was for Omega to live if meant for me dying in the process.

Please let Omega live. Please live.

Suddenly, the pod came to a stop. There was no indication of a crash or feeling the pod tearing itself out as my stomach stop from traveling up to my chest. My back crashed against console once we fell off the seat with Omega landing in front of me as I managed to catch her.

I looked up to see the door to the pod sliding open, the hydraulics steaming out with a hiss as I prepared myself for another fight, wondering if Bane or Fennec manage to caught up with us.

With the door up ahead sliding open, I clenched fists, standing protectively in front of Omega until a familiar voice rang out.

"Omega, Mari! Are you in there?"

"Wrecker!" We both called out, a sigh of relief washing over us. Omega began to climb up the ladder with Wrecker reaching a hand out, having a smile on his face.

He managed to grab us by our cuffs before lifting us up and pulling me and Omega together in one of his bone-crushing hugs.

>>"Ah! Nice to see you too, Wrecker!" Straining from the slight pain I felt but nonetheless happy to see the team finally found us. Once Wrecker let us go, I looked over to see Echo approaching me along with Tech running from the cockpit.