[8]

In the Marauder, I sat in my seat with my own thoughts conflicting me once I calm down from my despair

In the Marauder, I sat in my seat with my own thoughts conflicting me once I calm down from my despair. Hunter reassured me that everything was going to be all right and that we were traveling to Saleucami to visit Cut and Suu.

The plan is to settle down and seek some help from them since the Empire and...Crosshair would be gunning for us after what happened on Kamino.

I was left with my own thoughts in the corridor while everyone else stayed in the cockpit at the front to discuss some simple matters over the plan.

During the amiss of the chaos that occurred in the hanger, I managed to collect Crosshair's armor and weapon kit. In my seat, I held his helmet between my hands as my thumb glided over his visor where his target insignia showed.

As I stared at the helmet, memories started to reminisce in my head as I remembered the day I met the Bad Batch and how I discover my powers with the Force. Leaving me with a faint smile trailing on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You can't catch me, Mari!" A girl's voice spoke as I looked at my friend, Kali, who stood in front of me, a few feet away. A smile shown across her face.

Kali was my childhood friend in Coruscant where her parents were both officials in the Senate as they would come over to our home to have some discussed meetings and private matters with my parents in the office.

Kali wore a simple light blue tunic with black leather pants and some boots as I held a smirk on my face.

"Don't think I will, Kali. Come back here!" I yelled as I heard her giggling in front of me. We were playing tag inside my parent's house as they held another meeting together.

In the library, I found Kali standing behind a round table as she kept her distance from me. As I tried to approach her, she kept dodging to the sides to escape as I tried to anticipate her move.

Once I got close to her, she made a quick dash for it as I ran after her. I could hear taunting me for not being able to keep up as she glance back to look at me. I took this opportunity to run at full speed and tackle her to the ground.

We both managed to hit a bookshelf behind us before skidding onto the rug with a thud. Kali laid there on the floor, out of breath while I stood in front of her. A victorious smile spread across my face.

"Ha! See, I told you I would catch you. This means I win." I taunted as Kali rolled eyes at me, annoyed. A defeated sigh escaping her lips.

*Gasps* "Mari, look out!"

I looked at Kali in confusion to see she held a panic look on her face before glancing up to see a large and heavy wooden box had fallen out from the bookshelf.

The box fell from the top shelf as it was heading towards the both of us. Kali let out a scream, covering her head with her arms as I instantly held my hands out in front of me. Clenching my eyes shut to await the impact.