Chapter 74 ( short )

( A/n: Part 2 of We Are Family Part 1 )

Meryl finds Hiccup and Toothless watching Gronkles flying through the air from a cliff. She walked up to her boyfriend and his night fury with a knowing smile as she can tell what was on their minds.

Meryl: Hey, Hiccup. You and Toothless doing okay?

Hiccup: ( sighs ) Yeah... I've just been thinking, Goofball has another Egg biter to fly with. Stormfly has other Nadders. Hookfang has a whole herd of Monstrous Nightmares. Toothless and Evergreen have.... They have no one. And it's because of me that Evergreen has no one-

Meryl: Hey. They have us and each other, Hiccup. Toothless and Evergreen will be fine. Also, Gobber and your dad are looking for you. They wanna see you in the Great Hall. They looked serious, well...with Stoick he is almost always serious.

Hiccup: ( sarcastically: ) Yeah, great. Happy Bork week to me.

Hiccup then kissed Meryl's cheek before he and Toothless left, making her smile. She then went back to the house and saw that Goofball was playing with Evergreen and his Egg biter friend, which was a blind female Egg biter. Goofball and Evergreen then stopped and went to greet their rider with purrs, and the female Egg biter slowly made her way to the Scalewalker and greeted her with a soft purr.

Meryl: ( to the female Egg biter: ) Hey, girl. How you've been doing? Have you been getting enough to eat?

The female Egg biter just purred in response, telling Meryl that she was doing okay. Buzz then comes out the door of the hut and gave Meryl a bone crushing hug.

Buzz: Welcome home, sweetie! ( Lets go of Meryl ) Come inside, I've been working on something.

Meryl then followed Buzz inside the hut, the three dragons outside quickly went back to playing with each other. Meryl raised a brow when she saw that there was a paper lantern on the kitchen table. Buzz picks up the lantern with a smile.

Buzz: Ta-da!

Meryl: Um....

Buzz: Meryl, you should know that it's tradition that HiveLings send lanterns to help guide lost tribe members back home. I thought we could send this one together to help guide Liv to Berk.

Meryl: You know that's just a myth right? The lanterns don't actually guide people back-

Buzz: They brought you back to me, I used to send you a lantern every moonrise.

Meryl: That's.... That's not how... Nevermind. I'm going to check in Liv...

Buzz watched with sadness and confusion as Meryl left the room and went to Liv's room.

Buzz: ( sighs and looks at the lantern ) Don't worry, kid. This lantern will lead you to this island... There's so many people here that are worried about you, little Liv, especially my daughter's boyfriend " Hiccup ", from what I've heard, he feels bad for not saving you from those mean Vikings sooner.

( Later that night, on Berk's shores )

Buzz, as a dragon, was standing on the shores of Berk, holding the lantern in his front talons. Buzz then lit the lantern and watched as it flew off into the sky.

Buzz: Guide her and her scale-y friend here, lantern... My daughter and her viking friends care so much for that girl's well being... This is her home...

( Meanwhile with Liv and the Speed stingers )

Liv and the speed stingers were out looking for food, when Liv sees a bright floating object in the air. Alpha and the other speed stingers watched as the lantern flew by their island, and Alpha tilts his head in slight confusion and curiosity as to where the lantern came from.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜