Chapter 21

( A/n: In Dragons We Trust Part 2 )

The Dragon Riders were standing under the large catapult on Berk.

Hiccup: We're going on night patrol.

Tuffnut: Night patrol! I love it! What is it?

Hiccup: It's where we patrol...at night. To keep an eye on the dragons. Make sure they or Meryl don't get blamed for anything else.

Fishlegs: Um, have you cleared this with our parents? Because some of us might not be allowed out after a certain hour.

Snotlout: Not allowed? Or afraaaaid?

Fishlegs: Hey! Things happen after dark.

Meryl: I don't know if that's a good idea.

Hiccup: Guys! We have to do this. You heard Mildew. He wants the Dragons and Meryl banished.

Ruffnut: Permission to shoot first and ask questions later?

Tuffnut: Permission to skip the question?

Hiccup: We're just patrolling! No one is shooting anyone!

Tuffnut: I have a question. What's fun about that?!

Astrid: It's not supposed to be fun. It's a " Hiccup " idea.

Meryl stiffened a chuckle.

Hiccup: Exactly. What?

Meryl: Hiccup, I'm not too sure if I can... I need to sleep so I can turn into a dragon at night. Staying up at night as a human, is....not good. That's the best way I think I can put it in viking.

Hiccup: I'm sure it'll be fine, Meryl. You have me- I mean us.

Meryl: ( sighs ) You're so lucky I love you, Hiccup, or I wouldn't be doing this.

( Later that evening )

Meryl was patrolling the village in human form with Goofball and Evergreen following her, and she accidentally bumped into a tall boy with jet black hair and bright amber eyes that looked to be the same age as her.

( A/n: This is what the boy looks like. Who do you think he is? )

Meryl: ( to the tall boy: ) Oops. Sorry. Hey, have you seen any dragon problems?