Chapter 38

( A/n: Dragon Flower Part 2 )

Onyx and Gothi were at Meryl's house, discussing what to do while taking care of Meryl and her dragons, Onyx was using his abilities to communicate through minds to communicate with Gothi.

Onyx: ( placed a wet cloth on Meryl's forehead ) ( to Gothi, in her mind: ) " We need to think, what could possibly be the cure for the blue death. We have less than two weeks to find a cure or Meryl and all the affected dragons will pass away. "

Gothi: ( in response, through Onyx's mind: ) " We can't do this alone, young Onyx. Have you tried asking your friends for help? "

Onyx: " No. They already have enough to deal with, with their dragons being affected, and... I don't want Hiccup to...go through the same pain I did... It took forever to convince him to leave her side. "

Stoick then burst into the room with the riders behind him.

Stoick: Onyx, Gothi, I just heard about what happened. Any progress?

Onyx: No, sir...

Fishlegs: Wait! ( Takes out the Botany book he got from Trader Johann ) What is the Blue Death known as to Vikings, again?

Onyx: Blue oleander. Why?

Fishlegs: It's on Chapter Eight. They're very beautiful, very soft, and poisonous to reptiles-

Onyx: We already know this, Fishlegs. What we need to know is how the Blue Death got here and how to cure it. There's no way in Valhalla that they sprouted from seeds overnight, someone had to plant those devil plants when they were already in bloom.

Tuffnut: Mildew. I saw him plant them the other night.

Onyx: ( sharply and with a growl: ) What?

Astrid: ( to Tuffnut: ) And you didn't think that was strange?

Tuffnut: No. Well, maybe. I don't know! Quit pressuring me!

Stoick: Let's go pay the old man a visit.

Onyx then stood up and started walking out with fury in his eyes and a growl.

Astrid: We should get to Mildew before Onyx does.

( A few minutes later )

As soon as Mildew walked out the door after hearing a knock on his door, Onyx grabbed him by his shirt and pinned the old man against the outside wall of the hut, with a growl. Stoick, Hiccup, and Astrid got there soon after.

Stoick: Looks like Onyx beat us to him.

Mildew: Stoick! Help me, get this demon off me-

Onyx: ( to Mildew, angrily: ) You planted those devil flowers in the village!

Mildew: Well, so what if I planted some flowers? The town square has never looked better. I was merely trying to spread some beauty and happiness-

Onyx: WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BEAUTY AND HAPPINESS!! BECAUSE  OF YOU, MERYL AND THE DRAGONS ARE SLOWLY DYING!!

Hiccup: ( Angrily, to Mildew: ) You did this!!