Chapter 9

Meryl and Goofball ran to the chief's hut from Meryl's newly built hut that is close by as they saw that Hiccup was awake and walked outside. Goofball was a head of Meryl, which caused him to make a way for her as he had pushed many vikings out of the way to get to Hiccup. Goofball tackled to the ground and started whining loudly at Hiccup, showing how much he'd missed the Viking boy. The Vikings around them laughed, as Meryl pushed Goofball off Hiccup, and helped him back up, before she punched him in the shoulder. Astrid watched as she stood in the crowd with a smile and her arms crossed

Meryl: ( sternly, to Hiccup: ) That's for scaring the scales out of me.

Hiccup: ( to Meryl: ) What, is it always going to be this way? Cause-

Meryl then kissed Hiccup on the lips, causing him to stop talking in shock. Meryl then pulled away from Hiccup with a blush on her face.

Hiccup: I could get used to it.

Gobber: ( hands Hiccup a new tail fin for Toothless ) Welcome home.

Viking: Night Fury! Get down!

Toothless then jumped out of the hut and looked at Hiccup and Meryl with Goofball next to him, both were looking at the two riders excitedly.

Meryl: Hiccup, let me introduce you to... ( Gestures to Goofball ) Goofball, we sorta bonded while you were resting.

Hiccup: Why am I not surprised that you two would get along?

Meryl: Maybe because we are both equally unique. Now, come on, let's test out Toothless's new tail.

Hiccup then puts Toothless's saddle on Toothless and attached the new tail fin as Meryl got on Goofball's back. Meryl and Hiccup then looked at how much Berk had changed from Vikings fighting dragons to Vikings riding dragons. Hiccup then looked at Meryl with a smile, as she had the cute dorky smile that he loved on her face as she was looking at all the dragons that were now on Berk. They then took off and began flying together, Meryl laughed as she felt the wind in her face, and Goofball had his tongue sticking out.

( A few days later, at night )

Goofball and Meryl were in the Dragon's Nest, it was now abandoned, and almost all the lava was gone in the volcano. Meryl was on Goofball's back, as Goofball was the one that woken Meryl up and took her to the nest.

Meryl: Goofball, why did you-

Meryl gasped as she saw thousands of smashed and destroyed dragon eggs with one single untouched egg in the middle. Meryl saw that the eggs were crushed by the rocks and rumble that must've fallen when the Red Death broke out of the mountain. Meryl slowly got off Goofball, and went towards the only intact egg with curiosity as she didn't what kind of dragon egg it was. It was a dull shade of green with red specks on it, and it was slightly bigger than a monstrous nightmare egg.

Meryl: ( to the egg: ) What are you? ( Looks around ) Where's your mama? ( Gasps ) ( looks at the egg ) Did the Red Death eat your mama?

Meryl then thought for a moment, she knew in her heart it wouldn't be safe to leave the egg by itself and her instincts were telling her to protect it, but she knew that she might not be able to take care of whatever breed of dragon that was inside the egg. She then turned to Goofball, who was trying to eat a rock that could barely fit in his mouth.

Meryl: What do you think, boy? Drop the rock if you think we should leave it, continue to try to eat the rock if you want us to keep the egg and bring it home with us.

Goofball pauses and seems to begin thinking for a while . . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

Goofball continued to try to eat the rock. Meryl then picks the egg up with a smile, agreeing with her instincts and her heart to keep the egg and protect it, and whatever dragon that was inside it.

Meryl: Alright, looks like we got a new member of our...very unique family.

Meryl then carefully got on Goofball's back while still holding the egg.

Meryl: ( to Goofball: ) Okay, Goofball, slowly and gently.

Goofball slowly flew in the air and began flying back to Berk.

Once Meryl and Goofball got inside Meryl's hut, she took the egg to her room. She'd grabbed some of the fur blankets that the village had given her when they built her new home in the village, and she wrapped them around the egg to keep it warm, Goofball yawned as he walked into the room and went into the stone flat slate that was his bed and curled up to sleep. Meryl looked at the egg with a smile as she finished wrapping it up with fur blankets.

Meryl: There, nice and warm. ( Sighs ) I hope that I made the right choice... I'm sure it'll be fine. Question is, should I tell Hiccup? Yes, he needs to know about this, because you, my haven't been brought to the world friend, might be a new species of dragon, and I have a feeling that Hiccup might find out eventually if I choose to keep it a secret.

Meryl then went to her bed and curled into the blankets as she left her human body and turned into a dragon. Meryl, now a dragon, then laid beside the egg in its blanket nest, and curled herself around it with a smile, as her dragon instincts were telling her to keep the egg close to her.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for Httyd 1, I hope you like it.

What kind of dragon do you think is in the egg Meryl and Goofball took in? Do you think she made the right choice of keeping it?

Okay, I am going to do the httyd 1 series and the Gift of the Night Fury, because well, why not? Till next time my agents of mischief 😜