Chapter 48

( A/n: Part 3 of Heather Report part 2, once again not everything in the episode is going to happen here. I hope you'll like it anyway. )

Mistake watched as the girl Alvin called " Heather walked in the arena with the book he was holding. Astrid looked at Mistake with slight worry, as she didn't even know what kind of Scalewalker Mistake was.

Alvin: ( to " Heather ", aka Astrid: ) Well, I'm waiting.

Astrid: ( to Mistake, calmly: ) Alright, kid. It's you and me.

Mistake then used her claws to climb the arena walls, when Astrid tried to hold out her hand to her.

Astrid: ( silently: ) Huh, a climber like Onyx. ( Takes a deep breath ) ( to Mistake: ) Come on, girl.

Astrid didn't want to evade Mistake's personal space, but she knew that she had to.

Mistake then tried to knock Astrid down with her tail when Astrid tried to get close to her, Astrid dodged out of the way.

Astrid: Okay. Check that off the list. Now, let's try-

Mistake roared, jumped off the wall, and began to try to strike at Astrid, but she dodged.

Astrid: Alright, you want the direct approach. So, be it, kid.

Astrid then lets out a battle cry, and then rushed to Mistake, who just dodged the teenage viking with a smirk.

Alvin watched in amusement as the girl struggled with Mistake.

Alvin: ( to Savage: ) Our little Heather is feistier than I remember. ( Chuckles )

Mistake then levitates Astrid and hung her upside down in the air, Astrid was in complete shock with what she was seeing, making Mistake chuckle.

Alvin: ( to " Heather ", aka Astrid: ) This isn't anything my soldiers haven't done already! You need to do better!

Astrid hated to admit it, but she was about to be ready to give up, as she didn't know how to deal with a Scalewalker that was so aggressive towards her, but then she remembered the little girl in the outcast prison that was a few cells away from Mistake's cell and she remembered what Meryl had told her about what happens when a Scalewalker is separate from their human body for too long, it made her realize that Mistake possibly doesn't even remember being human, or what she was. Mistake raised her claws, preparing to wound the viking girl.

Alvin: ( Uncaring: ) Well, that's going to be the end of that.

Mistake was about to strike at Astrid, but stopped when a tiny amount of soot in Astrid's hair that the outcasts didn't even notice, fell off revealing to Mistake that Astrid was a blonde, which for some reason, that was unknown to both her and Astrid, caused Mistake to calm down and lower her talon, no longer wanting to attack Astrid. Astrid decided to play along despite her confusion as to why Mistake calm down, she slowly reached her hand to Mistake's head and gave her a few gentle pets, causing the young Scalewalker to purr. Alvin and the audience were shocked by what they were seeing.

Alvin: ( impressed by what the girl did: ) Oh, ho! I told you she knew what she was doing!

Savage: ( laughs nervously ) ( to Alvin: ) Yes, you certainly did.