I turn the stove off and grab an oven mitt. Grabbing the handle of the pot, I drain the boiled milk into all seven cups.

From the corner of my eye, I notice Elijah watching me. "So what movie are we going to watch?"

"Coraline. Have you seen it?"

"My sister lives off that movie."

I hum in approval before smiling over at him. "Have I mentioned I love your family?"

Elijah's left dimple deepens as he half smiles. Looking down, he stirs the chocolate powder and milk together. I peek over and watch his hands hold the spoon as he mixes.

Yes.

He has nice hands. That is not weird to say, right?

Reaching to stir my own cup, I accidentally touch the boiling milk inside instead of the handle, making it burn me. "Shit!" I yell.

Elijah immediately gets closer to me and grabs my wrist to get a closer look at my hand. He doesn't hesitate to push me over to the sink and run my hand under cool water.

My fingers sat in the scorching hot milk for at least three seconds before I noticed. Why am I letting myself get so damn distracted?

"Where's your medicine cabinet? I'll look for some burn cream." He lets go of my arm but I use my free hand to grab his shirt.

"We don't have one, I'll find one myself."

"I just saw you—"

I curse under my breath from the pain. "Go to the bathroom and open the mirror."

He nods and rushes to the bathroom. Obviously, it's not in the stupid bathroom so I reach up to the kitchen medicine cabinet, throw my pill bottle in the back and look for the burn cream.

When I realize it's on the top shelf I groan. I'm literally on the verge of tears right now. All because I stared at some freakishly attractive hands.

I turn off the tap water my hand was running under and blow on my fingers. Climbing on the counter, I accidentally lose my balance and catch myself on the handle of the pot that just had the milk in it.

"Ow! Mother f—"

"I couldn't find it, Lavender. I'm s— What the hell are you doing? Get down!"

Elijah hurries over and grips my waist, pulling me off the counter. I shake my hand somehow thinking the pain is going to go away. He holds my wrist. "Stay still. Why did you tell me you didn't have one?"

Before I can answer Elijah turns around and digs through my medicine cabinet. Mine. The one with my pills in it. My anti-depressant pills. The pills I haven't taken.

"Elijah, please don't," I whisper.

This is it. This is the moment I thought I would never have to face.

I play with the locket around my neck with my free hand. What is he going to say? This cannot be happening.

"I found it." Elijah shuts the cabinet and unscrews the lid of the burn gel.

My eyebrows slowly raise in surprise.

He didn't see it?