51

My neck hurts so bad

My neck hurts so bad. I rub it and move it in a circle as I wait for our aisle to leave.

I follow my friends out and we all meet back at the lobby.

I walk up the the windows and tilt my head.

"Where the hell is Paris?" Some kid asks.

"This is just an airport in France. Paris is still about an hour away. We have to take a train, it'll take about fifty minutes," Madame Monet explains.

All the kids groan.

"I know, I know," she mimics.

Mr. Thomas counts all the kids before guiding us to the baggage claim.

We wait our turn and everyone slowly grabs hold of their luggage sooner or later.

"There's a railway station between Terminals 2C, 2D, 2E, and 2F. Keep an eye out," Madame Monet speaks.

We all follow the teachers as we look around. I'm not looking for anything specific though, I just love to people-watch.

"Found it!" Harper yells.

We head down the escalator and wait for a train to arrive.

I lean against one of the signs and dig in my purse for headphones. As I put one in my ear, Harper's phone comes into my view with a picture.

I squint my eyes. "What is that."

"You and Elijah sleeping together on the bus," she says proudly.

I snatch her phone and zoom in. "That didn't happen."

"Yes, because my editing skills are top-tier."

"Exactly."

Harper scoffs. "It happened. I saw it with my own eyeballs."

I shrug. "It doesn't mean anything."

"I didn't say it did. It seems like you are though."

"No," I deny.

She groans and strangles the air, pretending it's me.

"Kids, the bus is coming. Please line up so I can count correctly and hand you your ticket," Mr. Thomas orders.

He counts and hands us a paper as we walk on the train.

"Try your best to stay together. At least with one person. Use the buddy system!" Madame Monet hustles. "Check your phones often! I will be texting you all the instructions."

Harper guides me over to the back and we take a seat with a table between us. "I am so excited." She bites her bottom lip.

I smile. "I can tell. It's going to be fun."

I look behind me and watch as Sage, Elijah, Lynn, and Theo sit in the six-seater next to us.

The whole train loads and begins to move.