50

I woke up at eight in the morning

It's now almost nine and I'm brushing my wet hair after my shower before I apply product in it.

I was so anxious I could barely sleep. I've never been on a plane before. How big is it inside? How many people will I sit next to?

I'm scared.

I hear the doorbell ring so I set my brush down and head downstairs. Opening the door, I tilt my head in confusion when I see Elijah.

"Hi. Um, last time I went through your window I walked in on you naked so, I made a smarter choice this time," he explains.

I stare blankly at him.

"Okay. Anyways, I bought you something." Elijah hands me a reusable bag and I take it, hesitating to look into it. "There's motion sickness patches in there. You stick them behind your ear and it's supposed to take away your nausea. It takes a while to kick in so I'd put it on like four hours before. I know you've never been on a plane before so I'm hoping that'll help with your anxious stomach."

What in the world?

My lips part, not knowing what to say. This is so sweet.

"I— Um, thank you, Elijah," I find my words.

"My Mom also offered to drop us off at the airport so you can leave your cars here. Is that okay with you?"

"Sure, yeah." My heart is beating so fast. My mouth feels dry, I need water.

"If you need anything let me know. I'll see you later, okay?"

I nod and watch him walk back to his house. Subconsciously, I shut the door and head straight to the kitchen.

Grabbing myself water out of the fridge, I rest against the counter.

Oh crap.

Sage helps me roll my suitcase over to the Rivera's house. "Holy shit, what's in here, Lav?"

"I was limited to one big suitcase, I like to come prepared.

We arrive at Mrs. Rivera's car and Sage sets our suitcases down for Elijah since he's already loading the trunk.

"You do realize they weigh them. They're going to charge you extra," Sage smarts, wiping his hands on his black hoodie.

"I'll just pay it. Now that a stalker paid for us, we have the extra cash now," I mumble under my breath because Elijah's right there.

I jump slightly when the trunk slams shut.

"Ready?" Elijah asks.

"Um, sure." I awkwardly nod my head.

He returns the nod and heads inside to get his Mom.

"Ew, you're so weird around him dude."

I turn to Sage, offended. "No."