31

Fourth period let's out and it's time for lunch

Fourth period let's out and it's time for lunch. Since we can't leave campus on T-Days, I go to the cafeteria with Harper and Lynn.

They go grab food while I stick to my granola bar, Harper usually gives me whatever she doesn't eat anyways.

We take our usual spot at our lunch table since freshman year and talk about tomorrow's party.

"Is the cashier guy cute?"

"Very cute." I smile at Harper as she gives me her apple slices.

"Tomorrow's going to be so fun!" Lynn adds.

I look around the cafeteria and catch sight of Elijah's wide smile. Leaning to the left, I see Sage and the rest of their friends sitting with him. Since when was that a thing?

My smile slowly fades as I watch them talk and laugh altogether. What the hell?

Usually Sage sits with us so why is he over there?

"Lavender," Harper drags out my name, making me look at her. "Are you listening? Who are you staring at?"

"I'm listening," I lie with a smile.

"Then what did we just say?"

"Something about something?"

Harper sighs and shakes her head. "Who's house do you want to go to after school to get ready tomorrow?"

"Anyone's is fine," I mumble, staring at Elijah.

"Girl, who are you staring at?" Harper brings her face right up to mine and looks in the same direction.

"I'll be back, I have to use the restroom," Lynn gets up and leaves.

"Are you staring at Elijah?" My annoying best friend accuses me.

"Of course not. I am just wondering why Sage is sitting with them."

"If you like him just say that."

My head snaps towards her. "Definitely not. I would rather drink acid."

"You're in denial," Harper sings, peeling her orange.

"I am not in denial."

She looks at me and shrugs as she shoves an orange slice into her mouth.

I roll my eyes but somehow, they end up back on Elijah and he's staring at me too.

I narrow my eyes and he smiles with his stupid little head tilt.

I glare at him before I look away at Lynn who's come back to the table. I stand and announce that I'm going to the library. I want to get away from him.

I throw my backpack over my shoulders and make my way to my one comfort place in this stupid school.

"Hi, sweetheart!" Mrs. Miller automatically greets me.