47

I unlock my front door and everyone finds their seat in the living room like I asked them to

I unlock my front door and everyone finds their seat in the living room like I asked them to. "Sage, can you go get everyone blankets?"

He nods and goes upstairs to the blanket closet.

I go into the kitchen and walk over to the cabinet to grab the hot chocolate packets.

Getting out the milk, I pour the drink into a pot and heat it on the stove. As the liquid bubbles up, I stare off into space. I snap out of it a few moments later and see my sad resting face reflecting on the microwave.

I sigh and open the medicine cabinet. Reaching to the very back where I hid it, I take out the full bottle of anti-depressants. I haven't had one since it's been refilled.

I didn't feel like taking it. I thought it would be better if I went off of it because I believe I could get better on my own if I really tried, I didn't need a stupid pill. And honestly, it could be worse. I've been off it for a few weeks now and I haven't fallen into one of my episodes, yet.

It was an impulsive decision to stop taking it because a small part of me noticed it was making me more distant. I also caught that it was making me gain weight, it's never done that before, I don't understand.

Should I start taking it again? Maybe it'll kick in before Thursday but I doubt it. I pray and beg that I won't get an episode in Paris.

"Hey," a voice is spoken.

I scramble to put the pill bottle back in the cabinet. Harper and Sage don't need to know I haven't taken them and the rest on the couch don't need to know I do take them. In fact, I can't be more grateful that the two people who actually do know I take them haven't noticed.

"What are you doing?" Elijah asks.

"No idea. It is a mystery to me," I reply sarcastically.

"Do you need help?"

"No, thanks. I do not need anything from you," I mumble.

I need him out of the kitchen. I didn't have enough time to hide my pills again. If he opens that cabinet he'll see my name written on that bottle and what type of medication it is. He's literally taking a medical class. Of course, he'll know. Just my freakin' luck.

"Okay." Elijah steps behind me. "Maybe you don't need my help but I want to help you so. Where are your mugs?"

I reluctantly point to the glass cabinet above me.

I don't move out of the way because if he accidentally reaches for the medicine cabinet, I need to have access to shut it. Elijah steps behind me and I watch his every move given the fact it's so close to the medicine cabinet. He reaches above my head to grab mugs as his other hand goes to my waist for a quick second.

I stop stirring the milk and look down at his hand. I am so touched deprived.

Elijah pulls away and goes to the other side of me, lining up the mugs. He opens the hot chocolate packets and pours one into each cup.