54

She puts her hands on either side of my face and I melt

She puts her hands on either side of my face and I melt. Like putty in her hands.

Everything else explodes. Nothing else matters at this moment. Nothing except me and her. Her and I. Her.

There is so much electricity it could light up a whole city.

My hands wrap around her waist as she kisses so softly. I tasted her once now I don't know how I'll ever go back. This is all I've been waiting for. All I've been wanting.

I feel her let go of my face and pull away, I try to follow her lips but nothing is there. I open my eyes to see her covering her mouth with her hand.

"I am so sorry," she whispers.

It takes me a second to register what she just said. "For what?" I tilt my head.

"I shouldn't have done that. You were just being so sweet and of course, the solution when I'm overwhelmed is to kiss someone. I am so stupid."

"No, Lavender."

"Yes. I am terribly sorry, I just— thank you. I'm sorry."

She tries to pull away but I tighten my grip on her waist a little. "Lavender, it's okay." I reach to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "It's okay."

My hand cups her jaw. She holds onto my wrists as she studies my face. Her eyes are traveling everywhere as she stares up at me. Eyes, lips, eyes, lips, eyes, eyes, lips.

God, I love her eyes.

Slowly, I lean in. She meets me halfway and the electricity sparks up again. My heart is pounding a hundred beats per minute. I feel like I'm going to die. Maybe I've already died. Oh if I'm dead I hope I never come back to life. If I'm sleeping I hope I never wake up.

I just want her.

I need her.

Her hands drag up my arms and wrap around my neck. Mine still tighten around her waist and pull her in closer.

My lips part a little bit and she takes that as her chance to slip in tongue. Our mouths move in sink. As the kiss gets deeper, my eyebrows get more knotted. I have never been this lost in a kiss before.

My back begins to hurt for bending down so I slowly inch forward towards the bed. She follows my footsteps and grips my face even harder so she doesn't lose contact.

Lavender stumbles over the bed and lands on her back. I gently crawl over her as she sits up on her elbows.

"Is this too much?"

"No. No. You paid for my trip. I—"

I scoot back and sit up. "No, Lavender. I did that for me. To make you happy. I don't need anything from it. You don't owe me anything," I reassure.