28

Elijah pushes himself out of the pool and I watch him grab a towel

Elijah pushes himself out of the pool and I watch him grab a towel. He looks at the ground as he wipes his chest.

Looking at the water droplets dripping down his toned skin, I feel heat between my legs. Quickly, I cross my legs and focus back on highlighting.

For some reason, my eyes keep drifting back to Mr. Know-It-All. Maybe I should come swimming over here more often.

I look him up and down, following the droplets of water. Especially on his hair. He looks so good with wet hair.

I feel my heartbeat speed up and I turn my head to the side to shove a bunch of strawberries in my mouth. I am not a fan of this feeling.

I feel my lounge chair sink and I look over to see Elijah.

"Attagirl, you finally listened to me," he teases.

I can't do anything but nod and stare with a mouth full of strawberries. He smiles for no reason at all while returning my nod before patting my leg and walking off. My skin feels on fire. This better be the fever talking.

I continue highlighting my math book for my exam this Friday. I need to pass. Always.

"Lovey, can you come help me with something?" Harper says, pulling me out of my focus.

I suspiciously look over at her as she floats around in the pool. Slowly, I stand and walk over to her. "Yes?"

Suddenly, I feel arms around my waist as I'm being tackled into the pool.

I land on my feet and an excruciating pain ripples up my right foot, making me groan.

Coming up for air, I jump on my feet and I gasp in pain. Looking over I see Harper and Theo laughing in the water. Theo must've tackled me then.

"Ha ha, so funny," I grumble as I splash them.

I wipe my hair out of my face and limp over to the edge. Pushing myself out of the pool, I sit on the edge and grip my pained foot. I try to twist it but every movement makes me groan.

"Are you alright?" Theo swims up next to me.

"Mhm," I bite my lip to stop a whimper coming out as I stand.

Limping over back to my lounge chair, I sit and pull off my now-soaked knitted cover-up.

I twist my foot in a circle, hoping it'll wear off the injury but I feel like it's just making it worse. I throw my head into my lap, groaning.

I hear a door open and not soon after, a voice. "What happened?" Elijah asks. "Why the hell are you soaked? You're going to get even more sick, Lavender."

I just huff in response, head still in my lap.

"Lav, are you seriously okay? Did I hurt you?"

I lift my head for Theo, giving him a small smile. "It's not your fault," I reassure.