55

I walk behind Lavender as we go to the metro station

I just kissed her.

I want to do it again.

I've never cared so much about a kiss before. About a person before.

I watch her as she looks around the city, playing with her fingers behind her back.

Luckily, the metro system isn't too far from our hotel so we're practically there already.

We head down the stairs and wait for a train. I lean against the wall and silently watch as Harper and Lavender talk about something. I can tell Lav is not all the way into the conversation because she picks at her fingernails and continuously nods. She slowly looks my way and I examine the ceiling.

"Hey, Elijah."

I look down at Faye who called my name.

"Hey, Faye," I reply.

"What are you doing after the aquarium?"

"Uh, probably more museums or go out for lunch."

"I see. I love museums you know. I looked some more up and I do realize what all the fuss is about now," she explains.

Good for you.

"That's nice, Faye."

She nods and smiles.

I look up to see if the train is here and I catch Lavender's gaze until she looks at the ceiling as well. Just my luck because the train pulls up and I walk towards the rest of the group.

We board the train and find any empty spots.

However, the train already begins to move so Lavender and I are stuck sitting across from each other next to an old couple. She throws her head in her hands as I feel her leg shake up and down under the table.

Does she regret what we did? I didn't mean to make her uncomfortable.

As my thoughts roam through my head, she looks up at me. "Stop staring at me."

"Are you okay?"

"I am fine. I don't need you staring though. I know what happened," she states aggressively.

I tilt my head before slowly nodding. Adjusting myself in my seat, I pull out my phone and scroll through it.

I guess she does regret it then.

Later, we pull up to our stop and we get out. We all walk up the stairs and follow Colton to the aquarium.

I distance myself a little bit until Harper comes up to me. "We're in Paris you party pooper. What the hell is your problem."

"I'm fine."

"You're pouting. It's the most romantic city ever. Are you upset you're not getting some action?"