52

She looks so good right now

She looks so good right now. I don't know if it's the Paris air or if it's just her.

Who am I kidding? It's always her.

I watch her as she walks with her hands behind her back, counting her fingers, as she explores the walls carefully and slowly.

I know she couldn't care less about me and I know she doesn't like me, but holy shit do I like her.

I try my best to pay attention to the painting and not seem like a stalker but it is so hard. I seriously don't know how I've been dealing in silence this long.

I do appreciate the paintings, they're so good. I'm glad Lavender has the opportunity to see other great artists.

I hear her sweet laugh and almost snap my neck looking over. She's laughing with Colton and Harper.

"Where do you want to go after?" I hear a voice. I look over to see Faye smiling up at me.

"Um, I'm not sure. I was just thinking of going to a bakery or something." I focus my attention back on Lavender.

I really hope Faye doesn't think I like her. I don't want her to think I'm leading her on. I only have my eyes set on one woman and one woman only.

She's gonna be the death of me.

-
I ended up taking my own path and began exploring by myself.

I'm starting to appreciate art more. Most of these paintings look like they've taken years.

I get to the skylight room where it's all statues.

I stop at a statue that catches my full attention. The way it's covered in detail is actually wild.

I examine the paw on his thigh, looking closer I see it's a lion.

Huh.

I'm about to pull out my phone to research it but someone bumps into me. I know that body.

Looking down, Lavender mumbles. "Pardon me."

She looks up and instantly relaxes. "Oh, just you. How's your time so far?"

I can't help but smile. "Mines good, interesting. How is yours, Lavender?"

"Amazing. There are more museums here, I think I'm gonna explore those in my free time." She glances at the statue. "Do you like this one?"

"I do."

"This is called 'Milo of Croton'. They say he's an athlete, possibly a narcissist, who wanted to test his strength by splitting a tree trunk with his bare hands. He trapped his hand in the tree trunk and was unable to release himself. Then later, he was devoured by a lion," she says ever so casually like it's common sense.

She is so intelligent.

I nod, I admire her while she stares at the statue.

"Where's your buddy? Breaking the rules, Rivera?" She suddenly asks, glancing back at me.