44

I smile as I exchange my books in my locker

I smile as I exchange my books in my locker. I just can't stop smiling.

Last night went amazing, I couldn't have asked for anything else. I even got a little corner-mouth kiss.

Oh jeez, I am so in love with this girl. She's driving me mad.

I shut my locker and turn around to see Lavender walking to hers on the other side of the hallway.

I notice her open it and grab her math book. I walk up to her and poke her arm. "Hey, happy Halloween."

She sighs. "Hi," she dryly states, with no emotion in her voice at all.

"Are you okay?"

"Mhm."

"Okay. Can you tell me what happened please?"

She slams her locker door shut. "Why should I? It's not like you told me."

I knit my face together in confusion as I stare at her.

The bell rings and she rolls her eyes at me before giving up and walking to class.

What did I not tell—

Oh.

Oh shit.

Damn it! I knew it would circle back around soon.

I groan and walk to calculus class.

Walking into the room, Lavender stares at her lap to avoid eye contact with me. I take my seat behind her and my leg bounces under the desk.

I hate having her mad at me.

Mrs. Stan teaches her lesson but I can hardly focus. Every soft sigh, brush of her hair, and movement is catching my eye, just wishing she would turn around.

I hear her groan in annoyance before tapping the kid in the desk next to her. The same damn kid as last time.

"Sorry, do you have a sharpener by chance?"

"I'm sorry, no. I have another pencil though." The kid reaches into his backpack and pulls out a mechanical pencil.

I try to ignore them as I shake my head to myself. My jaw subconsciously clenches.

Lavender hates mechanical pencils. She gets frustrated because she writes hard and the lead always breaks. I know that because she threw one at my head before.

"Oh, no thank you."

She looks back at her paper and the guy she just talked to looks very confused.

I grab my sharpener out of my backpack and toss it on her desk.

I don't care if she's mad at me, I will be there for her hand and foot. Always.

She hesitantly takes it. Without looking at me, Lav sharpens her purple wooden pencil and throws it back behind her. I catch it and laugh under my breath.