21

Surprisingly enough, I was dream-free last night

Now I sit at my vanity doing my makeup, specifically my lips because I bit them too hard last night that it now looks like a bright red paper cut. I add some lip liner and my lipstick gloss. I lean closer to the mirror and curse at myself when I can still see it.

It's fine, if someone asks, I'll say I bit my lip too hard because I was anxious. No big deal, and not exactly a lie either. We all win.

I finish with my makeup and bring my bag downstairs. I have work today but it's only for a couple of hours so I'm going to just take my blazer and tie off along with undoing a few buttons.

For breakfast, I just grab a cereal bar with my morning cucumber-strawberry water.

I hear stomping on the stairs and recognize Sage's footsteps. He comes into the kitchen and gives me a quick smile. "Do you mind if I have some of your fruit water thingies?"

"Sure, go ahead." I nod.

"What's up with your lip?" he asks.

I walk past him to sit at the island. "Nothing. I bit it while I was studying last night. I got anxious. Why? Is it that noticeable?"

Sage shrugs. "Only if you stare, sorta. Ready to go?"

I nod and throw my wrapper in the trash. Sage takes my cup and does a quick rinse before leaving it in the sink.

"Sage!"

"I'll wash it when I get home! What is your problem with dishes, holy crap? Let's go."

I roll my eyes as I throw my backpack over my shoulders.

I stop at the front of the car and that stops Sage from getting in. "What now?"

"Why can't I drive?" I ask.

"Because you're a terrible driver," he says bluntly.

My jaw drops and I cross one arm over the other on my chest. "That's sexist."

"It's not— you know what? Fine. You drive!" He hands me the keys but as soon as I reach out for them, he yanks them back. "At least try to go the speed limit this time."

I glare at him as I pull the keys from his grip.

He turns his head away from me and my glare turns into a wide grin. I jump in the car and buckle my seat belt. Starting the car, Sage decides to play some 'Ariana Grande'.

I bounce my head to the music as I drive my way to school.

Pulling into our designated driving spot, I take one last look in the mirror.

"Congrats, you made it with ten minutes to spare."

I reach over and shove Sage. "Get out of the car," I speak through my clenched teeth.