Halloween Costumes

Paisley and Olive had been thinking about their Halloween costumes for months now, but they still hadn't decided what they wanted to be. They were constantly suggesting different costumes to each other, but they would always say no. You and Jack decided to take the girls to the Halloween store to let them pick their costumes out.

They both walked down the aisles, you and Jack walking right behind them. They kept pointing out costumes for each other rather than for themselves.

"Cheerleader?" Paisley suggested to Olive who shook her head.

"No." Olive continued down the aisle, pointing to a ladybug costume.

"Ladybug?" Olive suggested, looking up at her big sister.

"No, you've suggested that already Liv." Paisley reminded her, Olive pouting for a second before getting distracted by other costumes.

"Zombie?" Paisley suggested to Olive whose eyes got big as soon as she saw the costume, shaking her head immediately.

"No! That's scary." Olive said, even the costume wasn't scary, it being called a zombie scared her.

"Hmm, okay." Paisley continued to look at the costumes. Paisley finally saw a costume that she liked.

"I want to be Elsa!" Paisley said, grabbing the costume off the shelf and hugging it.

"Ok." You said, picking her size off the shelf and handed it to her, Paisley handing you the one the was holding, you put it back on the shelf. Olive walking around, for a few more minutes before spotting a Jessie costume and gasping, running towards it.

"Jessie! I want to be Jessie from Toy Story!" Olive cheered and Jack nodded, grabbing the costume for Olive, handing it to her.

"Mommy?" Olive asked you.

"Yeah Liv?" You looked at her.

"You dress up?" Olive asked you.

"I don't know, do you think I should dress up?" You asked Paisley and Olive who both nodded eagerly.

"Yeah! A princess!" Olive suggested and Paisley agreed.

"Princess Ariel!" Paisley suggested.

"Okay." You agreed and Paisley thought for a second.

"Daddy can be the prince." Paisley said, and you and Jack looked at each other, smiling softly.

"Ok, I'll dress up as the prince." Jack agreed, picking up Olive as she started to reach up to be held. Neither you or Jack were planning on dressing up this year when you took them trick or treating, but you also weren't going to tell them no, and honestly, it was a cute idea, plus you would all have matching Disney costumes.

You bought the girls costumes, before leaving the store. On the drive home Paisley and Olive couldn't stop talking about their costumes.

"Daddy?" Paisley asked.

"Yeah?" Jack responded, glancing in the rear-view mirror for a second before looking back at the road.

"Do you think Uncle Urban, and Uncle Clay will match with us too?" She asked. "Uncle Urban could be Olaf with me, and Uncle Clay could be Woody with Olive?" She suggested.

"Maybe, you'll have to ask them, they should be over soon after we get home, okay?" Jack responded.

"Okay." Paisley responded. The rest of the car ride the girls were planning Urban and Clay's costumes and they hadn't even agreed yet.

"Look who's here." Jack called out and within seconds Paisley and Olive were running around the corner, Olive running towards Clay, and Paisley running towards Urban.

"We picked costumes!" Olive told them excitedly.

"Yeah? You did?" Clay asked.

"What did you choose?" Urban asked them.

"Come look." Paisley and Olive pulled them to the living room where their costumes were.

"I'm going to be Elsa! And Olive's going to be Jessie." Paisley told them.

"Good choice." Urban told them, making them both smile.

"We have an idea." Olive told them, not waiting for a response before she told them the idea. "You go as Olaf." She said, pointing to Urban. "You go as Woody." She pointed to Clay, her idea sounding more like a demand.

"Olive, you have to ask nicely." You reminded her and she apologized before Paisley took over for her little sister.

"Uncle Urban, can you please dress up as Olaf to match me, and Uncle Clay, can you dress up as Woody to match Olive? Mommy's going to dress up as princess Ariel and Daddy's going to dress up as prince Eric, so they match." Paisley explained.

"Of course, I will." Urban told Paisley who got excited, jumping up and down.

"I'll dress up as whatever you want me to." Clay told them, Olive copying Paisley's reaction, before dragging Clay into the other room to plan his costume, they would plan Urban's with him later.

"Why do you get to be a princess, Jack gets to be a prince, Clay gets a be a cowboy and I have to be a fucking snowman?" Urban asked quietly so the girls couldn't hear him, making you and Jack laugh.

"Don't act like you aren't the one who watches Frozen with them all the time, or that you wouldn't dress up as anything they wanted you to." You teased, Urban sighing softly.

"You're right." Urban agreed. "You know, I've never seen a kid that acts so much like their dad but so much like their mom at the same time." Urban said, sitting down on the couch.

"What do you mean?" You asked, making 2 boys look at you.

"Senior year, you made us all have matching costumes for that party?" Urban reminded you.

"And you planned it weeks in advance." Jack reminded you, making you teasingly roll your eyes.

"I told you that you didn't have to." You said.

"Yeah, you also said if we didn't you weren't going to the party." Jack teased. Eventually Paisley and Olive came out of Paisley's room after Clay had ordered the perfect costume, going over to Urban to find him a costume they both approved of for him to order. Paisley and Olive made sure to also pick out the perfect costumes for you and Jack before they went to bed.