Meeting Santa

Paisley and Olive had been begging to go see Santa since Halloween. Paisley was old enough to remember your Christmas traditions from the year before, while Olive was just old enough to start understanding them.

Once the 4 of you waited in line and it was their turn Paisley immediately ran up to Santa while Olive hesitated for a second before following her sister with your and Jack's encouragement.  You and Jack stood off to the side, watching the girls introduce themselves to Santa. Jack wrapped one arm around your waist.

"Our girls are getting so big." Jack sighed softly and you nodded in agreement.

"They are. I love watching them grow up, but it makes me sad at the same time. It is fun to have 2 kids that are excited for Christmas this year though." You said, Jack kissing the top of your head before watching the kids again.

"It is, but it's sad to think that one day they aren't going to want to do things like this anymore, or that they aren't going to need us one day."

"Well let's not think about that right now, Paisley's 5 and Olive is only 3 so we still have some time before we have to experience that, but they will always need us. Just in a different way." You told Jack who nodded.

"I guess so, it's just weird to think about." Jack said.

Meanwhile Paisley and Olive were telling Santa what they wanted for Christmas.

"What do you want for Christmas?" Santa asked Paisley first.

"I want a puppy!" Paisley said excitedly before pouting and calming down. "But Mommy and Daddy said you can't bring anything that's alive, so I want a dollhouse." Paisley explained before Santa nodded and turned to Olive.

"And what do you want for Christmas?" He asked.

"I want a slide." Olive said. Both girls reading off the rest of their lists.

"Well, I'll try my best to get both of you what you want for Christmas, the elves have to make everything first so we'll see what they can make.." Santa told them and they both nodded.

"Meet the reindeer?" Olive asked.

"They aren't here today, but maybe another day, they would love to meet you both." Santa said and Olive nodded, giggling at the thought of the reindeer wanting to meet her and her sister. "Have you girls been good this year?" Santa asked and they both nodded.

"Yeah!" Olive said excitedly.

"Yeah!" Paisley agreed. "Except for that time, I said a bad word singing one of my daddy's songs, but I didn't get in trouble." Paisley explained and Santa nodded.

"Can't say it anymore." Olive told Paisley and Paisley nodded.

"I know." Paisley said. The girls took their picture with Santa before climbing off his lap. Once they did Santa handed them both a candy cane before they ran over to you and Jack, showing you their candy canes. You took Olive's hand and Jack took Paisley's while you all walked back to the car.

"Santa said the reindeer want to meet us!" Paisley told you both excitedly.

"Yeah! I want to meet them!" Olive told you.

"Well, maybe one year we can meet them, but I don't think they have time this year. They have to get ready for Christmas." You said, your answer satisfying both girls. You knew Jack was already planning some way for them to meet reindeer.

"We need to make cookies for Santa." Paisley told you both.

"We will, it has to be a little closer to Christmas, but we will." Jack promised Paisley and she nodded.

"We should feed the reindeer too." Paisley suggested.

"Yeah! Feed reindeer." Olive said excitedly.

"What should we feed them?" You asked.

"Carrots." Olive said and Paisley agreed.

"We can find something to feed the reindeer." You told both of them and they both cheered excitedly.