Make A Stressful Day Better

Paisley and Olive could always tell when Jack was stressed out even though he tried to keep it from them. Jack was stressed out from tour rehearsals. Of course, Jack loved touring, but that didn't make it any less stressful. Jack always wanted you three with him but traveling the world for months with a 5-year-old and 3-year-old wasn't the easiest thing in the world.

Paisley wanted to cheer up her dad so she suggested to Olive that they should draw Jack some pictures.

"Mommy! Where's the crayons?" Paisley asked running into the kitchen where you were making lunch.

"What do you want crayons for Paise?" You asked.

"I want to draw a picture for Daddy! Olive does too!" Paisley cheered, Olive walking into the kitchen, she had gotten impatient waiting for her sister.

"Get them yet?" She asked.

"I'm trying." Paisley responded.

"As long as you both only use the crayons on the paper, okay?" You reminded them both and they nodded. You walked out of the room to go get the crayons and paper for the girls. You and Jack learned quickly with Paisley to not let them have easy access to crayons. You got the paper and crayons set up on the counter, helping Olive up onto the stool while Paisley climbed up herself.

You finished making lunch while the girls drew and colored, only taking a break for lunch before going back to drawing. Jack walked in the front door several hours later.

"Hi baby." Jack smiled softly, walking over to you and sitting down on the couch next to you, you could tell he was exhausted. "How were the girls?" Jack asked.

"Hi." You smiled, kissing Jack softly, brushing some curls back away from his face. "They were good, I think they made you something today." You told Jack and he smiled instantly. As if they heard you mention their surprise, both girls came running into the room holding their drawings.

"Daddy!" They both cheered, jumping on him to give him hugs.

"Hi Paise, hi Liv" Jack smiled, kissing both of their cheeks.

"We made you something!" Paisley said, holding out her picture.

"Me too!" Olive held out her picture and Jack took them both, looking at them.

"I love them!" Jack said enthusiastically.

"That's you, that's mommy, that's Paisley, and that's me!" Olive told Jack pointing to the four figures on the paper.

"I can tell, you did so good, you're an artist." Jack told Olive.

"Mine is you and me on stage." Paisley told Jack.

"You did so good too Paisley, I love it." Jack kissed both of their foreheads. "Thank you girls." Jack smiled. "Do you want to hang them up on the fridge?" Jack asked and they both nodded eagerly, grabbing Jack's hands, and dragging him to the fridge so he could hang up their pictures.