Did I Hear That Correctly?

"Daddy! I met a boy on the playground, and we played together, and he was nice, and he was funny." Paisley told Jack, running inside, you had taken the kids to the playground while Jack was getting some work done.

"Oh, you did?" Jack asked and Paisley nodded excitedly.

"And she said he was cute." Olive said, giggling, Paisley immediately getting embarrassed about her little crush.

"No, I did not!" Paisley said. "But Mommy got his Mommy's number, so maybe he can come over and play." Paisley said.

"Hm we'll see." Jack said.

"Please." Paisley begged.

"Not today, but maybe another day." Jack said. "What was his name?" Jack asked.

"Mason." Paisley said before you called the girls into the kitchen to get a snack, Jack following.

"Did I hear that correctly?" Jack asked you once the girls were distracted. You laughed softly.

"Yeah, I think Paisley has a little crush." You said and Jack groaned.

"I'm not ready for that."

"Me neither. It was cute though, they played together the whole time, he even checked on her when she tripped." You told Jack.

"At least she picked a nice kid to have a crush on, not some kid who misbehaves." Jack said.

"Jack, they are six, there's only so much misbehaving a six-year-old can do." You reminded him.

"I still only want the best for her."