It Was Just A Bad Dream

Olive woke up in the middle of the night crying, making her way to your room, both you and Jack waking up at the sound of her crying.

"What's wrong Olive?" Jack asked, siting up as Olive walked over to his side of the bed. He lifted her up so she could sit on the bed.

"There- there were monsters." Olive sobbed. You pushed her hair out of her face, wiping her tears as Jack rubbed her back.

"It's okay, it's not real." You reassured her as she held on to her stuffed animal while she leaned into Jack's chest.

"It was just a bad dream" Jack told her. "Sometimes I have bad dreams too, but the monsters aren't real, and they aren't going to hurt you. I won't let them." Jack told her and she nodded slightly.

"But they are scary." Olive said.

"I know they are. Do you want to sleep with us tonight?" You asked.

"Can we check my room for monsters tomorrow?" Olive asked and you both nodded.

"We'll check the whole house tomorrow, okay?" Jack said.

"There might be monsters in here?" Olive asked, tearing up again. Jack shook his head.

"Not in here, monsters are too scared of me to come in here." Jack said and Olive giggled.

You and Jack let Olive turn on her favorite movie so she could fall back asleep without thinking about the nightmare she had. She laid laying in-between you and Jack, but ended up cuddling into Jack's side shortly after she fell asleep, Jack woke up in the morning with her holding onto his arm while she held her stuffed animal in her other arm.