Snow Day

As soon as Paisley and Olive woke up and saw it had snowed overnight, all they wanted to do was play in it. They had been begging all morning, you and Jack promising as soon as they had breakfast that they could go out and play.

As you put on their snow pants, jackets, and gloves they kept talking about what they were going to do.

"Daddy! Can we make a snowman?" Paisley asked Jack.

"Of course, we can Paise. Olive, do you want to build a snowman with us?" Jack asked her and Olive nodded.

"Yeah! Can we have a snow fight too?" Olive asked.

"A snowball fight?" You asked and Olive nodded.

"Yeah!" Olive said excitedly.

"I want to do a snowball fight too!" Paisley said as you and Jack put your jackets on before walking out into the backyard.

"Watch this." Jack whispered to Paisley while you were showing Olive how to make a snowball. Jack snuck up behind you before throwing it at you, making you gasp and turn as Jack ran back to Paisley.

"It wasn't me." Jack held his hands up, holding back his laughter as Paisley giggled beside him.

"Yes, it was!" Paisley told on Jack, making you laugh softly. Leaning over to Olive before handing her a snowball. Olive started to run towards Jack. Jack turned and "ran" away, Paisley joining Olive and grabbing a snowball, chasing Jack.

"Mommy! Get Daddy!" Paisley yelled, you joined in chasing Jack. All four of you giggling as you ran.

After a minute or two you caught Jack. You wrapped your arms around Jack as you both fell into the snow. Both girls catching up and throwing their snowballs at Jack. Jack picked up handfuls of snow to throw back.

Eventually Jack grabbed the girls, pulling them down into the snow with you, making them giggle and try to get out of his arms.

"Do you want to make a snowman now?" You asked and the girls nodded excitedly, jumping up and Jack let them go, you both standing up after they did.

The four of you built the snowman, Paisley getting sticks for its arms while you and Olive went inside to get a carrot for its nose. Jack lifted Paisley to help her place the sticks and then helped Olive place the nose.

"We should name it!" Paisley suggested.

"What do you want to name it?" Jack asked.

"Olaf." Olive suggested.

"Like from Frozen." Paisley agreed, nodding her head. Both girls had been obsessed with Frozen the past couple months.

"Olaf it is then." Jack said.

"Do you want to go make hot chocolate?" You suggested to the girls who started running to the door almost immediately, making you and Jack both laugh as you followed them inside.