1|Addison

CHAPTER 1

"This is it then? You're leaving just like everyone does."

I rolled my eyes at my best friend, Spencer's comment. Yes, I was leaving but not everyone left. She tended to over exaggerate and I didn't want to spend my last day here in Boston listening to it.

"This isn't it Spence, you'll still see me." Her green eyes had sadness written all over them and I hated the fact that I had caused it.

"How am I supposed to see you when you are moving to San Francisco? That's thousands of miles away." It was actually more than that but I didn't think now was the right time to tell her that. I sighed loudly because I didn't want to listen to this. I didn't want an emotional conversation right now. That was the last thing I needed.

I was supposed to be having a leaving party but my parents decided to rent out a club for the night and the entire school ended up coming.

Spencer and I were outside talking and she was acting like this was going to be the last conversation we ever had. "I know Spencer but it won't be that bad." She didn't say anything and I could see that she was like this because she had bottled up all of her feelings. "Seriously Spenny I will still be your best friend."

She gave me a small smile and rested her head on my shoulder. "I'm going to miss you," she said quietly and I draped my arm over her shoulder.

"I know I'm going to miss you too silly." She gave me a small grin and I grabbed her hand, pulling her up with me. "It's my last night here. I leave in the morning so let's not get all emotional. What do you say?"

The small breeze blew her blonde hair away from her face. I stood in front of her and brushed her hair away from her face so I could see her clearly. "Please Spence," I said softly  and she nodded her head.

We walked inside the club and I forgot just how busy it was.

I silently cursed my stupid self for allowing all these people to come. I was practically only close with seven or eight.

"Where did you two disappear off to?" Jade asked. She was another one of my best friends, along with Madison and Piper who were probably getting drunk.

Jade had bright red hair that anyone could recognise from miles away. Her dark brown eyes were trying to read me like they always were.

"Spenny got a little upset," I said with a small smile on my face and Spencer nudged me with her elbow.

"She's been sulking all week," Jade added and Spencer scoffed.

"I haven't!" We rolled our eyes at Spencer because we didn't believe her.

"Chill, Spencer it isn't a bad thing. It just shows that one of my friends care," I teased, looking at Jade who rolled her eyes at me.

"I do care," she said through gritted teeth and Spencer laughed.

I stayed quiet, silently thinking how things were going to be very different in less than twenty four hours.

Jade took a deep breath before standing in front of me and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Why are you even leaving Addie? I don't freaking get it," she said and I could tell she was getting upset. This was great, just after I had cheered Spencer up.

I returned the embrace and brushed her hair away from her face. "Jade, I'll still contact you. This distance thing doesn't change anything." She sighed but clutched on to me tighter and I let her.

"I'm going to get a drink," Spencer mimed to me and I nodded my head.

"Addison!"

Jade pulled away once Mike joined us. He knew all the latest rumours and was up to date with what was happening in school. He loved gossiping and as I was the head cheerleader, he loved gossiping about me. What made it worse was the fact that he twisted the truth. He knew stuff my friends didn't so people found stuff out from his stupid websites.