45 . GUNS & ROSES [FLASHBACK]

a/n: keep in mind while reading this chapter— at this point they're only 17 years old, veryyyyy codependent, attached to each other and immature still. And she sensitive as fuck😑

 And she sensitive as fuck😑

November 2006
10 Days Later

"I'm missing your good intentions
I'm missing you from a distance
Hope you did the same
I know that I caused a problem
I know that I left you livid
Pushed you far away
Learned it don't pay to lie
Cause I don't wanna see you cry
Saying nothing gets you nowhere fast
I'mma hold it back inside"

It was finally the end of a long, tiresome Monday and every student at Essex High School was counting down the last 15 minutes until the dismissal bell would ring. Mentally, Naomi was checked out. She'd been restless the night before, tossing and turning in and out of sleep, and she was dreading dragging herself to her tutoring appointment before she went home.

Staring out the window of her last period AP English class at the gloomy sky, she aimlessly chewed on the cap of her pen, wishing to be anywhere else. Well...one place in particular.

"Pssst. Yo...Webb."

At the sound of her last name, her head slowly turned and her eyes focused on her classmate, Ash, who just happened to be Dorian's baby brother. The same Dorian who approached her all those years ago in the diner and almost got killed by her father. The same Dorian who'd been obviously trying to get in her pants since she was 12 years old. Now he sent Ash to do his dirty work, whenever he saw her he conveniently would have a message from his brother to deliver. All the way from college.

She'd always been so creeped out by Dorian, so even though she liked Ash, she tried not to get too close to him. Chris' voice telling her to be careful lived in her head rent free.

"Hm?" She answered, uninterested, slightly shifting in her seat and tugging on the end of her gray long sleeve shirt.

"You single now, right?"

"Excuse me?" Her tone was laced with attitude and her eyes rolled, wanting to slap the little smile off his face for even playing like that. "I'm far from single Ash, tell your brother it's never gonna happen. Not in a million years."

"I don't know 'bout that, sugarfoot. I seen ya man in the magazines out with his new lil bitch. I know you not sharing now?"

Now he had her attention. She sat fully erect, completely turning in her seat to face him. The confused and worried expression on her face made Ash chuckle. Everybody at school was waiting it out to see how long it would take before Chris left her for one of these famous girls. All the guys that wanted her, and all the girls that were jealous of her were waiting on their little love story to end. If only to laugh about it.