11 . GLOW IN THE DARK

September 9th, 2003Tappahannock, Virginia

September 9th, 2003
Tappahannock, Virginia

"I can't say that I never dreamed of touchin' on you
Ain't that what wild dreams are made of?"

Naomi smirked in amusement to herself, staring up at the tall, olive skinned boy who'd been talking her ear off for the last 10 minutes and counting. She could practically feel Raven, Skye, and Kenya's eyes on her back. They hadn't been in high school for more than a few minutes before this smug, football player grabbed her by the arm and told her his name was Ramel. She quickly reminded him that she didn't ask, but he couldn't help himself from going on and on. She laughed on the inside as she twirled her necklace around her manicured fingers, thinking about how she would tell Chris about this when she saw him.

"You should come to a game some time. I'd love to take you out after."

Naomi was annoyed watching him lick his lips and flash his pearly white teeth. Ramel however, hoped the longer he talked the closer he'd get himself to his ultimate goal of claiming the finest freshman he laid his eyes on. He almost didn't want to believe she was so young, three years his junior. She didn't look it, and certainly didn't have the body of a 14 year old.

"Thanks but, I don't think that's gonna happen."

"Why not? I'm not ya type?"

He took the liberty of stepping closer to her, wearing a smirk on his face. She broke her neck to maintain eye contact with the 6'6 giant.

"My boyfriend is my only type. Thanks." She smirked again, holding up her left hand to put the promise ring Chris gifted her over the summer on display. His face melted into a slight frown, eyeing the small diamond ring on the french tipped finger. "But it was nice talking to you. Maybe I'll see you around." She offered a smile and a small wave, turning to return to her giggling friends.

"You are so mean." Skye laughed, as they exchanged devious smirks.

"I know you hurt that boys feelings." Raven chuckled, still watching Ramel from a distance as he opened his locker. "He's mad cute though."

"Girl go talk to him." Kenya urged, poking Raven with her elbow. She was single now, and had no doubt Andre would start the games as soon as he saw her. Kenya wanted her to be prepared to play.

"Girl don't nobody want Nae's sloppy seconds."

"Come on, let's go outside. The guys are waiting for us." Naomi chuckled, holding up her pink flip phone, showing a message from Chris. The girls immediately made their way towards the door, and out into the courtyard where all freshman had to wait to be pulled in for an assembly.

Naomi's eyes immediately landed on Chris, seated on one of the lunch tables in an oversized jersey and jeans, with a bandana tied around his head. He swore he was Juelz Santana now. She giddily ran over to him jumping straight into his arms. He only came in from New York yesterday evening, and her dad was dragging her all over to finish her last minute school shopping so she couldn't even sneak over and see him.