𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Start from the beginning

It took a moment for him to react before he broke out into laughter. "So, you're from the future or something? Like I'm going to believe that."

"The password for the map is I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. I know every single passageway in and out of this castle because of that map, my friends and I had the map when we were at Hogwarts. The Whomping Willow was planted the year that you joined Hogwarts so you could safely transform in the Shrieking Shack. You never wanted the boys to know that you're a werewolf, but they figured it out in your second year. They confronted you but you tried to run away from them, so they had to hold you in a hug and not let you leave until you knew that they still loved you. They then became animagi so that you weren't alone on the full moons, and it made it so much easier for you."

"Who told you all that?" Remus' voice shook.

"You did. You became my Defence professor in my third year. You taught me how to cope with being a werewolf. You took me in when my father died, and I was alone. You looked after me when no-one else would." My eyes watered as I looked at him.

"I'm, um, going to assume that Dominic isn't father then."

"No, he's, uh, my grandfather. Sebastian is my father."

"How did you get here?" He took a seat on the desk beside me. I wasn't going to harm him. In fact, I wanted nothing more than to hug him.

"With this." I reached down the front of my shirt and pulled out the broken time turner. I never took it off nowadays. "It's a time turner. But not like the rest, when we got it, I didn't have enough time to get a good look. I just gave it a spin and ended up here."

For this one moment, I took it off and handed it to Remus. I trusted him.

"I've read about these. The Ministry is trying to get their hands on all of them. Wait, you said we?"

"I told you all I was held captive for a long time. At that point, I'd lost all hope, everyone I knew was already dead. But then someone got me out, someone on the inside, they got me out and to someone I knew. They had the time turner and gave it straight to me. They said I was the only one who could do it. Death Eaters found us. They killed my friends as I escaped."

"Death Eaters? They're still about?" Remus' eyes widened.

"Yeah...1998."

Remus' face dropped. "We don't win."

"Fuck! I shouldn't be telling you any of this. Dumbledore is going to kill me." I jumped off the desk and looked around frantically. He was probably listening as we spoke.

"Why?"

"He doesn't want me to change anything. But I want to, I want to so bad." The tears that had built in my eyes finally fell. "So many good people are dead." I avoided his eyes knowing that he was one of them.

But he pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back soothingly as I rested my head on his shoulder. "It's so bad in the future, Remus. Voldemort's won and everyone's dead. I can't let it happen. I don't wanna do it alone."

"We'll figure this out."

"Okay."

Remus comforted me as I kept on crying. Remus Lupin knew my secret. Even though I could get into so much trouble for it, I was relieved to have him to confide in now.

If Dumbledore wouldn't do anything, he certainly would.

"Hey, is this, uh, why you're always drinking?"

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟽