14. || The game

Wednesday 24th of July 2023
—————————————————————————

Sofia's POV:

10:30am
I woke up and smiled, I was happy that me and Pablo were speaking again and I couldn't wait until later. I spoke to lily when I came home yesterday, she was excited for the game and too meet the boys. Pablo had messaged me saying he told Xavi ( his coach ) that we were coming to watch and that we could go into the pitch at the end of the game. I got up and had breakfast, since the game wasn't until later me and lily decided to watch a movie and catch up. We spoke about everything, Pablo, Carlos, football, lily's family and the bakery. Speaking of the bakery, we where opening on Friday, in two days! I was so excited I couldn't wait to begin running my own business and to obviously start making money. After the movies had finished we went to our rooms to get ready. Half way through doing my makeup I decided to message Pedri, Pablo and Ale since I was closest to them.

Sofia:
Hey pedri, I just wanted to message you good luck for todays match!

Pedri:
Thank you Sofia. Im looking forward to you cheering us on, especially Pablo😉

Sofia:
🙄🙄🙄

Pedri:
You know I'm right
—————————————————————————

Sofia:
Good luck today💓

Ale💟:
Thank you sof, I'm exited for you to watch me play!

Sofia:
Same! Play well and I'll be cheering for you!

Ale💟:
❤️

—————————————————————————

Sofia:
Hey Pablo, wishing you luck for today and I can't wait to watch you play. Try your hardest! I'll be cheering you on from the side❤️

Pablo☺️:
Thanks sofia! This is exactly what I needed. I'll speak to you after we win😋😋

Sofia:
Someone is confident😂

Pablo☺️:
Do you like that???

Sofia:
Shut up and go warm up🙄

—————————————————————————

I can't describe the way Pablo makes me feel, I love being around him and he always makes me smile. I think I have a crush on Pablo.... I think I love him. Oh no.

I pushed my thoughts to the side and carried on getting ready. I put some light makeup and slicked my hair into a bun. I wore some wide leg jeans and panda dunks. I paired it with a Barcelona top, it had lewandoski on the back, he was always one of my favourite players - even at Bayern Munich. I walked out my room and saw lily in jeans and a crop top. She isn't the biggest fan of football so she doesn't have any football tops but I convinced her too come with me.

"You ready?" I asked her

"Yeah, I'm actually pretty excited!" She said and i smiled.

We got into lily's car since I didn't have one yet and drove to camp nou. We found our seats and they were right at the front next to the dugouts. After around 10 minutes barca came out to warm-up. Lily was asking me so many questions like 'who's that' and 'what is he doing' but I had my eyes on Pablo warming up the whole time. He looked at me and smiled, I smiled back and blushed.

"Who are you blushing at... ooohh I see now" lily said as she followed my gaze to Pablo who was now chatting with Pedri and Ferran Torres.

"You like him don't you?" She asked me

"I think so" I said quietly and she just smiled at me

The match started and it was 1-0 Barcelona, they where playing Athletico Madrid. They where good I'll admit but Barca were just better. Gavi was playing well and so was the other boys. Half time had already been,it was the 68th minute when all of a sudden the other team were on the attack and about to score when pedri put in a last man tackle but smacked into the goal post. I stood up worried for my friend, the whole team crowded around him and so did the medics. Me and lily were both worried about him, it was that moment I saw Xavi standing in front of me.

"Your Sofia and lily right?"

"Eh..uhm.. ye.. yes that's us"

I couldn't believe I was speaking to Xavi, he is a legend.

"Pablo told me about you too, can you please go with pedri to the changing rooms to help him, this is an important match and I need my medics here in case anything happens. Follow me" he says

We didn't hesitate and followed him down the tunnel, Pablo looked worried but I nodded my head at him letting him know that he's got this and pedri will be okay. Xavi told us to stay in this room that looked like a small version of the changing room to wait for pedri in. I really hoped he would be okay.

End of chapter 14