5. || Thank you

The same night
—————————————————————————

Sofia's POV:

After a couple minutes of silence. Not the awkward kind though. The comforting kind. I decided to ask him a question.

"So how come your not in their with your friends?"

"I hate clubs, I hardly drink and I'm not the most out going person." He answered

"Same" I smiled looking at him

"You can go back in if you'd like, I don't want you to waste your night." I told him quickly

"No, no, I would rather stay here with you." He said as he looked at me in the eyes.

It was starting to get late, I think it was about midnight and I started feeling tired. My head slowly started to drop to the side. The side where Pablo was sitting. I dropped my head on his shoulder but quickly brought it back up.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. I'm just tired." I said worried.

"It's okay, come here" he replied as he put his arm around me and i leant on his shoulder.

I smiled as I was leaning on him. He was really kind and gentle. I could tell he was a nice boy.
After around half an hour of sitting on the bench someone approached us. It was lily.

"Sofia, what happened? And who are you?" She said as she looked at me leaning on Pablo.

"Lils, he..he... cheated on me and hit me" I said my voice breaking. I didn't want to cry again.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry sof, come here." She said as she took me into a hug.

Whilst hugging me she looked at Pablo and mouthed 'thank you' to him - she realised that he must of helped me - which he nodded his head at and walked back into the club leaving me with lily.

"Come on let's go home." She said to me

"Wait!" I said turning around to the bench scanning the area for Pablo.

"He went back in, cmon" lily told me.

I was kind of sad, I wanted to at least thank him.

"You can go find him if you want, he looks like a nice enough boy" lily told me.

I smiled at her before walking back into the club to find Pablo. It didn't take me long to find him, he was sitting at the bar. Alone.

"Hey" i said as a sat down next to him.

"Oh hey, sorry I left I thought you and your friend would've wanted to be alone." He said, scratching the back of his head.

"That's okay. I just came back to say thank you, without your help it would of been a different story." I told him

"Don't say thanks, it was the least I could do. No one should be treated like that. Anyways how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay I guess, still a bit shaken up. I just don't understand why he would do this to me." I said.

"You will be okay, you deserve better anyway Sofia." He said as we made eye contact and i blushed.

"I think your friend is waiting on you" he said whilst pointing towards the door.

I smiled

"Bye Pablo" I said as a kissed his check.

—————————————————————————
"I saw that!" Lily said with a smug face

"Stop. I was just saying thank you" I replied smiling.

"How are you feeling?" She said changing her tone of voice

"You know what, yeah I loved him and yeah I can't believe he done that but fuck him. I deserve better and I know I do." I said strongly

I was obviously hurting but I couldn't let this take control over me. Carlos left and I could never forgive him for what he done.

Later that night I got ready for bed and talked to lily about what happened. I told her everything apart from when he said "I wish you died in that car crash" i couldn't tell anyone he said that. I began crying just thinking about it. I trusted him and he threw it all back in my face. I lay in bed replaying the night over and over until it hit me with what had actually happened. I started crying. So heavily. I hoped this was a nightmare. But I knew it wasn't.

End of chapter 5