3. || The club

Sunday 16th of July 2023
—————————————————————————

Sofia POV:

Once we arrived and got settled in we decided to take a walk around the area, just to get to know it better. Me and Carlos where walking hand in hand when his phone started going crazy. Beep. Beep. Beep. I had asked him who it was but he just brushed me off and mumbled something. Anyway, I decided to ignore it and not let it worry me. We stopped for some juice then we went home. After we had got home Carlos said we should go to the club and have some fun before he leaves. Lily thought it was a good idea and at first I didn't want to go - I'm a quite girl, I don't speak to a lot of people and I've never opened up to anyone before now even lily. But since it was my last night with my boyfriend I decided to go.

It was around 8pm and I had just gotten ready. I straightened my hair and put some light makeup on. I wore a pink silk mini dress. Whilst Sofia wore a red leather mini dress. Carlos just had a top and jeans on. He looked good. We took a taxi since we would be drinking and headed to the club. I was a bit nervous, I wasn't the 'club' kind of girl but I was willing to give it a try.

"Girl are you okay?" Lily asked me.

"Ye I'm fine." I said quietly.

"Im exited this will be a fun night!" Carlos said happily.

I smiled at him. I was going to miss him. A lot.

We arrived at the club and walked in. I was instantly hit with a blast of alcohol and hot wind. I took a deep breath and walked in holding my boyfriends hand. We walked up to the bar and ordered some drinks.
About an hour passed and I was so bored, I really wasn't built for the club. Lily was up dancing with some boy she just met and Carlos was just standing with me chatting to some people. Suddenly he walked away.

"Carlos! Where r u going?" I asked him

"Oh, umm, Im just going to the bathroom." He answered me dryly.

"Oh okay."

20 minutes had passed so I decided to go look for him. And to my disgust he was sitting on a bar stool making out with a random blonde haired girl. I couldn't believe it. I stood there in shock I couldn't move. I felt numb. But then all of a sudden it hit me. Tears started flowing down my face and I was struggling to breathe. I turned around bumping into people dancing around me. My vision was going blurry and I was starting to get hot. I began running out of the club until I bumped into someone. I fell to the floor and started crying.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong" I heard a voice crouching in-front of me.

I looked in-front of me and I saw a boy with a worried expression on his face. I didn't get a good enough look at the boys face but he held his hand out to pull me up. But I just kept crying on the floor.

I refused to believe it. My boyfriend of 2 years was cheating on me right in front of my eyes.

I stood up heading towards the exit without saying a word to the boy until I heard a familiar voice calling my name behind me. Carlos. I turned around and he asked where I was going. This boy.

"How could you" I said my voice shaky.

"HOW COULD YOU!" I said with more anger in my voice this time.

Everyone in the club, including the boy I bumped into was staring at us.

"Wha..what are you talking about" he said

"Fuck you, I saw you kissing that girl" I said choking on my words.

"It was a mistake, I wasn't thinking, I'm drunk sof" he said taking a step towards me.

I took a step back.

"GET AWAY FROM ME, I HATE YOU, we're done Carlos. We're over." I said strongly

He slapped me. Right across the face. All I could think about was when my dad used to hit me. He pushed me and I fell to the floor. I started shaking. I was loosing control of my breath.

Everyone in the club stopped watching except the boy who i bumped into.

Carlos just left me. Alone in the floor after he hit and pushed me. How could he do this to me? I thought he loved me.

As he walked past me, his words cut deep.

"I wish you died in that car crash"

I couldn't breathe and I was crying. Why. Why has this happened to me. Why would he say that.

I started going light headed. I tried to stand up but i stumbled and almost fell but I felt a pair of strong hands around me.

End of chapter 3