b

I wrote half of this chapter. Got a writer's block. Struggled to keep writing. And then finally started writing without stopping. Comment, Like, share, subscribe, eat, sleep, share memes. Enjoy. Bye bye.

****

Shehnaaz wasn't in the best of moods that early morning. The crew from the Awards foundation was here to trail her throughout the day. And she had found out the night before that Sidharth was leaving the next morning. She cried and cried and fought with him the night before. And he couldn't deal with her crying, and he fought back as well. They went to bed angry and woke up and started off with their funny little taunts.

There were two cameras and a small crew of people standing around Shehnaaz's cabin. She was nervous about the day. She did not know why this was necessary but she had to do this. She stood to the side while Sita, the anchor spoke in front of it.

"Taking life into your hands and altering an unfortunate future - that's the best thing a woman could do for herself. But doing the same for the many women just like herself? Now that's a life made worth living.

Shehnaaz is one such woman. When cooking was taught to her since the day she realised she was a girl, it was because she was told that it was meant to do. The purpose of her life was to cook and clean for the family she was married into, she was taught.

Today, that purpose found meaning in her life. She started Animae Cibus, latin for Food for the Soul as a venture along with Naina, to put her skills to use seven years ago. Now, seven years later, Animae Cibus employed over a 100 widows, victims of abuse, victims of atrocities in backward areas and many more women, with nearly 80 of them housed in the Siddhashrama.

Today, we're spending the day with Shehnaaz and Naina in a day in their life." She finished.

"Wow!" Shehnaaz giggled, looking into the camera.

"Come on in!" She opened up the door to her office. They rented out a small office space in an office building to do administrative work.

"We're in office today because we have a huge order to deliver by 1pm for a Birthday Party... Mai aur Naina bas paperwork khatam karne aaye hai!" Shehnaaz smiled, holding up the files.

"How do you segregate duties among so many women?" The anchor, Sita asked.

"So... We have a lot of women who work here itself in the office. We teach them office work... Especially those women who wanted to study. We sponsor education as well for them and their children." Naina began.

"And at the Aashram, we have two women incharge for each floor. Aur kitchen mei kaam karne ke liye departments hai. Prepping, cutting and chopping, those who make all the doughs and batters, who make all the masalas, who make all the food... Phir usme bhi departments hote hai, cuisines ke hisaab se we have them departmentalised. Those who do the dishes, those who clean, those who pack. Then we have our own servers. The business grows everyday, so opportunities are abundant." Shehnaaz said.

"How is the management structured?" She asked.

"So... Naina is the Director, rescue ops and the Aashram. Millind, who you'll meet in a second, he is the Director of Marketing and our very first investor actually. Sidharth, my husband..." The smile on her faces changed.

"He is the Director for Mobility and finance. And I'm the CEO. I mainly take care of the kitchen and clients. The four of us are family." She grinned.

The scene shifted from the office to the aashram. Millind and Sidharth were there, helping them load food, vessels and all of that into the huge trucks thar they owned. They were kids playing outside in the playground set, three of them were from their own family.