Chapter Fourteen.

Sidharth marched down the stairs, the memories of being in this very same building and the traumatizing feeling of being shot and watching someone die here, it was all coming back to him as they went down. There were army men surrounding the entire building and quite a number of them going down towards the basement. His heart raced with each second, his leg was still in pain, and his body was aching. The mental pressure was enough to make his nerves split open.

"Knock the door down." Sidharth ordered, ready with his gun in position. He didn't think he would do this again, the pain he was in told him why he was dismissed from service, his body wasn't ready for this, and he knew that it never would be.

"Maybe your purpose isn't in something big and crazy... Maybe your purpose was being someone's hope. Mine." Her sweet voice spoke to him. It was as if some kind of a strength being pumped into his body.

"Ab toh saans lene ke liye tumhari zaroorat padh rahi hain." She whispered in his ear.

"Shit." He cursed, tugging at his hair. The door was knocked down, and he heard a gun go off, breaking the hinges on the door.

"Surbhi. Are you there?" He spoke into the speaker.

"We're in sir. Officer Pranay is on site in case of any emergencies." Surbhi spoke back.

"Seize the entire place." He said, barging into the room. But what he saw, it shattered him terribly. Shehnaaz, his beautiful girl. She was tattered, a mess, her hair, face and clothes were all wet, and she looked so weak, as if she was going to faint. And Vikram held her harshly, not like how Sidharth did, his grip was painful but Shehnaaz couldn't even pay attention to it. Her eyes met his, and it was almost as if she knew that now she could give into that unconsciousness. That she could stop fighting for a few moments, and rest. Like the oceans raged and the waves finished crashing, and the universe was there to retreat her gently into the flowing waters, soothing the chaos and bring her back home. Sidharth. He was the universe. She had fought way too hard, way too much, and so the battle sometimes only required to stay still. So she did, falling into peace, looking into his eyes.

"Gets your fucking hands off of her." Sidharth growled, his blood was hot with anger, a fury he had never known before. He could see that Vikram was panicking, he was afraid. He was sweating. She was held harshly in his hold and Sidharth let out a war cry, all the emotions, the desperation, the anger, the frustration, let loose. He was ready to attack, ready to absolutely murder the man, his anger knew no bounds. He was insanely angered. But, again, his hot blood ran cold, the fear of the girl he cherished with his entire being, laying dead. Vikram head a gun to her head. He was ready to shoot.

"Let go of her." Sidharth spat.

"D... Don't come closer. Killing her won't be fun for me either. Our team needs her. She's the bloody mastermind." Vikram said, his eyes were deranged. Sidharth felt like the ground under his feet slipped, like the world broke down, and he was alone, terrified. He couldn't believe him. He still couldn't believe him.

"Let us walk out of here. You love her, don't you? You don't want us to die." Vikram spat. Sidharth saw red. As if set on fire. His finger hand a mind of its as he pulled the trigger, shooting Vikram. His eyes widened, and he threw Shehnaaz away, as if she was just a filthy rag and nothing more and ducked out of the way.... Then the chaos ensued. Everyone were scattering, someone was grabbing Shehnaaz and someone was holding down Vikram, pulling the guns out of his hand. Many of the rangers there were pulling down the explosives and all the guns from the walls and the shelves. That's when Sidharth saw the chair... The ropes... The cloth straps. He knew he couldn't trust anyone anymore, not even Shehnaaz.

"Shehnaaz!" He said in realisation and rushed towards them, he tucked his gun back into the pouch and crouched down, painful and loud sighs left her mouth, she looked so exhausted and pale. It had been almost an entire day... She was in this situation. He was not sure, of what.