Chapter Four.

Last chapter padhlo lol before this lol:

****

Shehnaaz walked back into her cabin and sat back down in her chair. Sidharth was happily chowing down on his meal, hardly affected by her and watching something on his laptop. She squinted her eyes and took a closer look, he was watching news. She wanted irk him even more. But just as she got ready to speak, his phone rang. It was on video call. She turned away to give him some privacy.

"Good afternoon mom." He said, there was such a joyful mirth to his tone. She frowned, wondering if all mothers were the same.

"Hi beta. Khaa raha hain?" His mother spoke. Her voice was sturdy and stern, and Shehnaaz felt a certain kind of fear in her throat for no reason. It was like Sidharth's, so calm and collected, yet very strict and stern. Shehnaaz had heard only 5 words thus far, but she could already feel the authority and confidence in her voice. It was so put together.

"No maa. Naach raha hoon." He chuckled, there was such mischief in his voice.

"Maar khaayega." She laughed along.

"Is the food enough? Eat everything." She instructed.

"I know mom! Baccha nahi hoon." He mumbled.

"Are you okay? Theek haina tu? Is everything comfortable?" She asked, worry clear in her voice.

"Yeah maa! I'm okay! Everything is okay. Chinta math karo. Calm down. Jaake Abhi ke saath khelo. Jao." He told her.

"Yeah yeah beta. Driver kab bheju baccha?" She asked, and sighed when his face fell.

"Jitna jaldi rest karke theek hoga, utna jaldi tu khud drive karsakega." She said softly.

"Yeah. Five tak... Agar aapko zarurat nahi hain toh. Main jiju ke saath aajaunga." He said.

"Nahi nahi. Neetu has come back home already from the check up. Toh abi no need." His mother replied.

"Is Abhi sleeping?" Sidharth asked.

"Nahi. Let me go see. Uthgaya tha bhook lagi thi bacche ko." Maa said, moving around.

"There he is! Hi baccha!" Maa cooed, he was on his play mat on the floor in the living room. He wasn't very agile yet, but he loved looking around.

"Hi buddy!" Sidharth chuckled, looking at his adorable pink face.

"Okay, get back to work and merko one hour before boldo, I'll send the driver." His mother said.

"Yeah. See you, maa." He smiled softly. She waved back at him before hanging up. Shehnaaz felt a burn in her stomach seeing how beautiful Sidharth's relationship with his mother was. Only if her mother cared more about her, than she did about the traditions and rituals.

The day passed, and they were both childishly dead set on ignoring each other. It was 4pm, and Shehnaaz needed that report to fill in the details in her presentation before sending it off. She had to talk to him, but she just didn't know how.

"Mr. Adhiraj. Mail the product summary to me stat." She said, not looking away from her laptop.

"Sure." He nodded, he was so nonchalant, it irritated her.

"Don't they teach you in the army how to respond to given duties? A sure doesn't suffice in a work environment, Mr. Adhiraj." She said, her voice was strong, but the pit of her stomach was bubbling with nervousness.

"Sir yes sir!" He yelled out suddenly, sitting up straighter. She flinched and fell back at the sound that rumbled out loudly.

"That good enough for you, madam?" He asked, turning to look at her.