Chapter Ten.

A blank and a thoughtless mind. It wasn't what everyone preferred. Not having anything to think about and left blank, it left you empty and void of any other feelings. But in the given circumstances, having a blank mind felt like a blessing. Shehnaaz munched on the apple, hugging her knees to her chest. She looked around the house, the windows had curtains and they were all shut. She put a CD into the DVD player and bit into the apple again focusing on the TV. The situation she was in, it was frightening. But she could make the best out of this time. That was in her hands.

It was almost 12:15pm when she finally got off the couch. Sidharth was gone, he had been gone since 4 in the morning. Her anxiety was increased by every second. She walked into the kitchen, there was literally everything that one should need to cook a normal meal. She walked around, looking at everything so familiarise herself. She felt her heart pounding in her chest, and it felt like something in her throat was waiting to swallow her up. One second she was grabbing a pressure cooker from the shelf, the next second she was bent over the sink, vomitting. She felt sick to her stomach. This situation was so frightening her to the core.

She put dal in the cooker and rice in a pot on the stove. She wanted to go to the bathroom, but was scared to go alone, and leave the living room without anyone.

"Tum hi ho..." She sang softly, trying to make herself feel like she wasn't alone. But it only scared her more, and she stopped in an instant.

"Arey sunn..." She sang in a low voice.

"Suna..." Her voice changed to a high pitch, trying to sound feminine.

"Aathi kya khandaala?" The low, boyish voice came back.

"Kya... Karu..." She went on, a giggle left her mouth. She was desperately trying not to think about all this, or get scared. But there was only so much she could do to distract herself. She strolled around the house, there was a pin drop silence so that she could hear anyone or anything out of the ordinary.

And it was because of the silence she heard the ruffling outside, and then there were footsteps. She gulped, talking slow footsteps into the kitchen and turned off the stove so that the whistle didn't go off. She grabbed the knife from the counter, and got down onto her hands and knees. The sound increased, and she felt like her heart would fall out of her chest. She wanted to throw up again.

"Sidharth! Waheguru Sidharth ko bhejdo please!" She prayed softly. She could hear whoever it was outside had something metal, and when it was put on the ground, it made a lot of sound. She breathed heavily, and her body became damp with sweat.

The clinking, the stomping, the sound of another human presence. It made her blood run cold. She shook, still crawling to the room so that there wouldn't even be a chance of anyone seeing her shadow through the curtains. She grabbed the gun from under the pillow, it didn't work with her, but it probably would with others, to scare them.

"Waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru!" She whispered, sitting with her back to the wall and looking outside the door towards the main door.

"Shhh shhh shhh!" She whispered, clenching her eyes shut. The keys clinked together, she heard the click, and the door open. Her eyes widened, she shut them tightly, held the gun up, slid the back of the knife into the back of her underwear just in case, and prayed that her bottom won't get slashed in the process and jumped out, yelling out loudly, just like yesterday, without stopping and pointed the gun at the intruded. She was scared of opening her eyes and looking her intruder in the eyes too.

Sidharth's eyes widened when he saw Shehnaaz with her eyes closed, screaming like a bloody banashe and pointing the gun at him. He should have been startled and scared, but he was beyond amused.