bonuspebonus

ANNOUNCEMENT:

In my short story book called "Teeny Weeny Tales of Love" , I'm writing Anjali's POV of the story.

You heard that right. Anjali's point of view. I know some of you will find that appalling, and would hate to read that. But personally, I'll say give it a chance. I kinda loved writing it. So read it pls?

Also, I'm on a Lamhaat splurge. I've been missing them so much, so these million epilogues are for myself if anything.

Next thing, my Twitter account. All my Twitter friends who are wondering what the hell happened to me - the email ID I use for my Stan Twitter got blogged so I can't use it anymore. And I forgot my password and have no way to change or recover it. So my Twitter account is now a museum or something 😭. I miss it, but can't do anything about it.

And like I said, please do comment. I come back to these comments whenever I'm down. I need something to come back to, I've been so bleugh nowadays 😭 tell me how this long ass 10k word chapter with comments 🥺 bye love you guys.

****

Naina's wedding. It was absurd to even think about. That girl was a baby just yesterday. The entire family regarded their eldest child with such love and admiration. So watching their little girl, who at the moment, looked so beautiful, so gorgeous in her baby pink and dark pink lehenga. Her bridal look was unlike any other. Her hair was down, not in a bun. It cascaded down in gentle waves. The veil that covered her head was embroidered with such care, it was pinned in place with this stone clutch in her hair. She had such a perfect and gentle smile on her face as she did everything that the priest was telling her. But there was something that couldn't be missed, the way Millind held her hand so gently, holding onto her, never once leaving it unless he was asked to. He had a similar smile on her face, it was so happy.

Ruhi sat next to her sister, she wasn't saying or doing much. But the fact that from that night on, her sister wouldn't come back made her feel things. They were siblings, they fought all the time, but she just couldn't understand why she felt like her heart was sinking with every moment. The entire family was a part of the rituals, it was in the wee hours of morning, yet they were all awake and rejoiced. They were to hold a reception later on in the evening.

"Sanu..." Naina whispered, looking away the fire. Shehnaaz hurried forward and crouched down to help Naina with whatever she needed.

"Haan? Kuch chahiye Nainu?" Shehnaaz asked.

"Woh... paani chahiye. My throat is dry, and I'm hungry." Naina whispered to her.

"Baby... Naina ka bottle deh." Shehnaaz turned to Sidharth. Naina's glittery pink sipper was safely tucked into their diaper bag. He pulled it out and gave it to her. They could feel dirty looks coming from the pandit for disturbing the order, especially when Naina slurped up the water as if she was deprived for days.

"Ru. Jaake mere liye kuch khaane ko leke aah. Kuch spicy." She muttered to her sister.

"Nahi! Di! Shaadi horri hai Teri!" Ruhi hissed at her sister.

"Maar khaani hai? Uth!!" Naina said, glaring at her. She huffed, getting up and walking off to look for food.

"Khujli ho Rahi hai!" She whined, scratching the skin at the waist band of the lehenga.

"Naina! Theek se baith. Maar khaayegi!" Preeti smacked her head. Millind snorted out a laugh and Naina's cheeks turned red.

"Just a few more minutes, baby!" Millind grabbed her hand and pulled it up to her lips to place a kiss there.