epilogue

Abadhya laid on the floor next to Aadya and was watching Peppa Pig. He loved his little sister so much, she was a menace, but the sweetest little menace ever. They both laid on their stomachs, and Adu was leaning against him. She was 15 months now, and he himself was three and a half.

"Babaya!" Adu muttered from next to him.

"Hmm?" He hummed, looking at her. Her mouth was stained with watermelon. It was hot. So hot, that he felt like he would melt. He didn't even want to go out to play. Neither did Rangu, as he was fast asleep on the other side of him.

"Kattam!" She said in her adorable voice, pointing to the cup of fruit that was now empty.

"Auu chahiye?" He asked.

"Hmm." She nodded. Her hair was in two tiny ponies, and her little feet were clad in socks, and she was dressed in this pink cotton frock.

"Meya lo!" He said, pushing the bowl towards her. She giggled, grabbing the watermelon with her tiny little hand and pushing it into her mouth and then chomping it down with her tiny little teeth. She rubbed her wet hand on her brother's tshirt and then grabbed another piece. Maa shook her head at her grand daughter, she was one of a kind. She needed to wipe her little hand every time she put something in her mouth, and needed a clean hand to eat the next bite. And she always cleaned her hands off on her older brother.

"Raju! Aur watermelon laa beta!" Maa called out. Her little Abadhya turned around and smiled at her sweetly. Maa sat down on the floor with the bowl of watermelon when Raju brought it out. Adya let out a squeal of excitement when she saw the bowl and got up. She crawled into her daadi's lap and snuggled against her.

"Mumma?" Adya asked, looking up at her.

"Mumma aarahi hai." She smiled, squeezing her little chubby face. Just then, the main door opened and Shehnaaz walked into the house, with her hands full of bags. Naina followed after her, with her own hands full.

"Mumma!" Abadhya yelled out in excitement, rushing towards her.

"Hi baby!" She cooed, putting her bags down quickly, and picking him up into her arms.

"Kya khaa rahe ho?" She asked, kissing his nose.

"Mumma!" Ady waddled towards her as well.

"Lullalilaan!" She tried to say watermelon very precisely. Shehnaaz chuckled, picking her up as well, sitting both of her children on each of her hips.

"Kaise thi meeting? Aur shopping?" Maa asked, getting up from the floor as well.

"Meeting bohot sahi gayi maa. Vendors ke saath deal bhi hogaya... Aur shopping... It was okay. Zyada kuch nahi mila. Lekin tailor se kapde laaye hai... Jewellery store Gaye the..." Shehnaaz told her, walking.

"Naani lekin hume utha spend nahi karna tha abi when we were so unsure." Naina said, gulping down the cold water from her bottle.

"Haan? Kuch pasand nahi aaya tujhe Naina?" Maa asked.

"Nahi." She scrunched up her nose.

"Kya karu mai tera?" Maa huffed.

"Chill naani! Time hai abi! Bhook lag rahi hai! Isne mujhe bahar khaane nahi diya!" Naina complained.

"Yeh abi abi theek Hui hai. Chup kar." Shehnaaz said, nodding towards Adya, who was already trying to bite Shehnaaz. She was a sassy little girl.

"Baitho dono. Khaana lagadeti hoon." Maa chuckled at the best friend duo.

"Adya... Potty aaya aapko subah se?" Shehnaaz asked, sitting her down in her lab and wiping her watermelon stained mouth.

"Nuhuh." She shook her head.