Chapter Thirty Three.

Sidharth pulled out his ID card to show at the gate. But there was no one there. He drove directly inside and quickly got out of the car. He tucked his gun into his belt and sighed. His footsteps felt heavy even, everything felt like it was weighing down on him. He opened the huge metal doors and walked through, and his heart began feeling even heavier. He pulled out his phone and called Rajesh sir to let him know that he had arrived. He walked up to his desk and turned on his system. The sound of the military vans outside only heightened his anxiety. The door clicked open too seconds later. The hair on his neck stood up - the distance from the gate or the parking to his office was way too much. They couldn't have been here in a few seconds. He turned around, breathing deeply. His hand clutched the gun in his waist belt, but he didn't pull it out.

"Sidharth sir!" Radhika gasped.

"Tum? What are you doing here?" He frowned, sighing in relief. He pushed his gun back and relaxed.

"Woh... Uhm... Something about missing keys?" She asked, approaching him.

"Haan..." He nodded, careful not to say more than necessary.

"Kya hua?" She asked, her eyes beaded around the room.

"Kal parliament mein session hai ek. Signing ke liye sab ministers aarahe hai Maharashtra ke. And there is a market around..." He said, more to himself than her. His phone rang and he quickly pulled it out.

"Sir! Rangers reporting." The man said in a robotic voice.

"I want everyone in the conference room." Sidharth said, taking his laptop.

"Sir yes sir!" He said. Sidharth pulled out an empty chart, breathing in deeply. He knew by dawn, things were going to change drastically.

"Rangers... We have our eyes on the borders and on state borders as well. There were four trucks that came from Hyderabad yesterday. Usme se ek unregistered bhi hai. But attention was diverted by anger truck that carried illegal sandalwood into Maharashtra. Humara suspicion yeh hai ki uss truck mei explosives and armery aaye hai. Kal Mantralaya mei ek session hai. And media was not informed about it, nor was the public. We're suspecting that the target is the Mantralaya and the market. We also don't have the keys to the office or the building plan. Issiliye ab jo mai explain karunga, I want you all to have it engraved in your brains." Sidharth spoke, pulling up the white board.

"Frontline will have commandos group 7 and 8. The bomb detection and disposal squad will be guided in by them. Ranger Rithik will fly above. This leaves entry points four, three and eight covered." He said, literally drawing the building plan onto the board.

"Shoot if you have to. Ranger Sushmith and Ranger Noah, you both will lead in from entry points one and six. I need you to assign officers to guard Rajesh sir, his family and my house as well..." He said. His heart clenched when he remembered that the kids, his mother and his Shehnaaz were at home.

"Yes sir." They nodded.

"Sarvartra Sarvottam Suraksha!" Sidharth saluted all the men in the room. The chant was repeated loudly in a chorus, the stomp of their boots against the floor made the hair on his neck rise as they saluted back to him. He missed being on missions. Being on the field was different - he was just planning here, from office. It slightly bruised his esteem. He slipped his hand into his pocket as the NSG guards matched out. But his pockets were empty. He frowned, looking for his phone.

"Sir... Sidharth sir..." Radhika walked into the room.

"Yes, Radhika?" He nodded, taking the white board off the wall.

"Sir... What's happening?" She asked, she was glistening with sweat.

"Kuch nahi. You can leave, Radhika." He said.