Fifty Five

"I'll go turn on the geyser and come." She mumbled, caressing his face and kissed it before getting up. He sighed, feeling the soreness in his body catch up to him. She turned on the switch and opened up the cupboard to take out a comfy pair of clothes.

"Yeh uthaar ke dede, I'll put them in the laundry. Mere bhi hai anyway." She said, putting his duffle bag on the little coffee table and took out all of his worn clothes and put them into the laundry bag.

"Laundry is my kaam." He said, standing up and walking over to her.

"Haan tu hi kar. Mai bas washing machine mei daalungi. I'll dry them too. Woh bruise dekh kaisa hogaya hai." She said, brushing his hair back neatly. He was struggling to pull his belt out of the loops. She pushed his hands away and helped him out. He felt bad because he knew that his injury would only make Shehnaaz's work harder now. He was silent and sad as she unbuttoned his jeans.

"Waha doctors nahi hote? Dekha kisine?" She asked, sliding them off.

"No." He mumbled.

"Tu ne dikhaya?" She asked, smacking his bum as she bared him of his clothes. He shook his head and she glared at him the way a mother would glare at her stubborn child.

"Gadha." She scolded him, putting the pants into the laundry basket.

"Go brush. I'll come back." She mumbled, pecking his lips.

"Don't go." He mumbled back, pulling her into his arms.

"Mera Nona baccha! Kinna Nona. Nonne nonne Gaal dekh!" She cooed, squeezing his face with so much of love. She smothered his face with kisses, dropping the laundry basket back on the table.

"Mai kya karunga tere bina? Why are you so good to me?" He said softly, hugging her so close to himself.

"Mai pyaar karti hoon na baebu tere se?" She mumbled, kissing his nose again. She loved loved loved Sidharth. There was sometimes some kind of an animal hopping around in her chest - that's how it felt when she was around him. He pulled her against himself.

"I'm going to be so fucking clingy." He told her.

"Mhm? Isme kaunsi nayi baat hai?" She raised an eyebrow and massaged the underside of his head.

"That's also true." He agreed.

"Jaa na? Brush karle aur shower lele. I'll make hot breakfast. Phir nini karenge dono." She mumbled.

"Mhm." He hummed, breathing the scent of her shampoo.

"Will you shower with me?" He asked.

"Only shower." She wagged her finger at him. He clutched his teeth down on the finger and bit it, nodding.

"You go. I'll put these for washing and put chole on the stove and come." She pecked his lips, pulling her finger out of his grip. He nodded, letting her finally go. She went to put all the clothes in the washer, it was in the space outside the kitchen door. She looked around to make sure there were no lizards and walked towards the machine. It looked so cool. She shoved all the clothes inside and turned on the water, putting the liquid into the little hole and let the dirty clothes soak. This was usually Sidharth's job, for the sole reason that the machine was outside. She rushed back into the kitchen, careful not to make any noise and wake up Naina, Ruhi and Neetu who slept in the living room. But that would be short lived, she put the chole into the cooker and rushed back upstairs. Sidharth stood in the bathroom, brushing his teeth with a towel wrapped around his waist. She took out a cute little yellow kurti and white bottoms and joined him.

"Hey!" He grinned with the toothbrush still in his mouth, she squeezed the paste onto her own and giggled, waving at him.

"Cutu." She cooed, kissing his hand before shoving the brush into her own mouth. His sprained arm gently wrapped around her waist, he couldn't lift it up to her shoulders, and he brushed with his left hand. She leaned into him and looked at how cute they looked in the wide and long mirror on the wall.