Chapter Thirty Six.

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When the skies grey
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away...

I'll always love you
And make you happy
And nothing else could come between
But if you leave me to allow another
You'll have shattered all of my dreams

"Pagal..." Sidharth cracked a smile, letting out a harsh breath.

"You are my sunshine..." Shehnaaz whispered, moving forward and caressing his cheek.

"Hmm..." He hummed, closing his eyes.

"Sidharth..." She called again, her eyes flickered to the doors.

"Mhm?" He hummed weakly.

"I'm sorry... For showing up like that. For putting us through this...." She said.

"I... Uh... Would have probably... Been laying dead... If... You didn't come." He mumbled.

"What did you do for her birthday?" He rasped.

"... Cake cut Kiya tha sabne milke... Phir maa chali gayi..." Shehnaaz mumbled, gently rubbing her thumb on his bottom lip. It was swollen and cracked.

"She was upset... She left without talking to me...." Sidharth whispered. Shehnaaz nodded.

"Par ab sab theek haina? Humne unki baat maan liya na?" She sighed, he nodded, closing his eyes.

The feeling of those doors sliding open, and them walking in... It filled her soul with pain and happiness at the same time. She felt like she wanted to live that moment over and over again. It had been 35 minutes since they met... Since Sidharth saw her. Since she saw him. Preeti, Neetu, Naina and maa... They wanted to give them some time to themselves after the serious talk they had. He was dripping back into a slumber, he was too weak to stay awake, but he just wanted to be conscious in her presence for longer.

*35 minutes ago*

Shehnaaz's heart was in her mouth as maa pushed the wheelchair back into the room. She felt her stomach churn and her eyes clenched shut.

"Shehnaaz... Calm down... Woh theek hai, my love! Tujhe bilkul aise stress nahi lena hai... Theek hai?" Maa sighed seeing her lose it again. She hummed in a shivering voice as the doors slid open.

Sidharth had this comfort... Naina was literally on the bed... The others were too scared to do that... But she couldn't stop herself, she had her arms wrapped around his neck and she was trying to not cry as she hugged him.

"You and your girlfriend are such a pain in all of our asses. Aise darra dete toh. Baaki familiyan property ke liye ladhte hai... Humare yaha log kidnap hote hai... Terrorists ke haathon mei ajaate hai... Aisa karta hai kya koyi? Loser!" Naina cried.

"Y... You... Want... To fi... Fight over... P... Property?.... Ghar... Aur... Land pehele... Tere maa ke... Paas jaayegi... P... Phir tujhe milegi..." He chuckled, and his ribs hurt, making him wince and stop instantly.

"Chup Karo aap." Naina scoffed.

"Don't be a brat." He whispered, looking towards the door again.

"Dude, I'm getting off. Chill Karo thoda life mei." She muttered, wiping her face and standing up. He chuckled again. He couldn't be serious around Naina at all. The doors slid open and his heart raced, literally. They could see the numbers of his pulse rate go up every fraction of a second. Neetu rushed towards the door as maa slid Shehnaaz's wheelchair into the room. Neetu stood in front of them, not giving him a view of her.