Forty Five.

Happiness was fleeting. Joy was eternal. Because happiness was but for a moment. Joy was a fulfillment of the soul. So when someone found joy, they had hope even in loss. Because that strength they had received from that joy of life - it remained. It pulled them through. It paved way for peace and a life that looked beyond this world. Spirituality. Strength. Belief. Trust. Joy. These things are but a choice in one's life. They are a way of life, that you choose to help yourself sustain. It was the goodness life had to offer, to battle the war that life itself was. That's why for Sidharth or Shehnaaz, the biggest loss or battle, it was just earthly. Their belief was beyond, however. Their love was out of this world.

"Yeh wala?" Shehnaaz sighed, annoyed, looking at the glass box.

"Yeh accha hai... Usko pasand aayega?" Her mother asked.

"Nahi pata. Sarr thod Dena hai uska." She huffed. They fought early that morning.

"Sana aise nahi bolte!" Her mother gasped in horror.

"Aap ruko. Mai abi aati hoon." She huffed when her phone rang and she walked away to answer it. They were the servers she was hiring for the business, and she was trying to sort out the pay scale for them.

"Ji... Aap evening Tak ajaayiye office. Address message kardungi and we'll sort out the rest of the details. Thank you." She hung up. Her mood was turned off completely. Sidharth was sleeping when she had called him in the morning to ask if he would come. He answered, rude and annoyed from being woken up and told her not to annoy him with these things - only because he was really sleepy. But of course, she was hurt. Her phone pinged as she looked at the rings, trying to visualise his hand and him wearing it. Her phone pinged just then.

Sidharth ❤️🥵
I'm sorry.
Sorry baby
I was sleeping
That's why I was annoyed.
Sorry
Maaf kardo
Lunch pe leke chalu?
Sana
Maa said all the women are going shopping. You need to buy an outfit for the engagement. I promise I'll come. We'll buy matching ones.
I'm sorry meri jaan
Reply kyu nahi karri bey
Come on
Sorry baby! We're getting engaged in two days. Don't be upset.
I'll see you in an hour at the store. Okay? Sorry baby.

Shehnaaz
👍

She giggled loudly reading the string of messages she had recieved. He was so perfect. She couldn't even begin to comprehend the amount of life she felt for her perfection of a man. It was so fun, fighting with him too. She put her phone away and continued to look at wedding bands, he didn't like flashy, bright and shiny things that much. He even wore extremely simple clothes.

"Can I see this one please?" She pointed at a ring. It was a simple band, a gold one with a platinum band in the middle.

"It's beautiful." She gasped when the sales person put it out on the top for her. She pulled it out of the velvet board and looked at it. He would like this.

"This is nice." She nodded, putting it on her own finger. Sidharth wore a few other rings on his right hand as well, this one would stand out, but also fit right into it on his left.

"Yeh kaise legi? Itna simple hai! At least ek heera hona chahiye. Tera kitna bada heera hai. Ek round sa flat sa hai ajeeb sa! Theek hai? Heera nahi toh bada sa hona chahiye aagey!" Her mother refused.

"Mumma Sidharth aise hi pehenta hai. Woh aise bade bade cheez nahi pehenta. Uske shirts pe bhi patterns aur woh sab nahi hote... Chote chote checks maximum. Usko simple cheezein pasand hai!" Shehnaaz said.