Chapter Forty One

"Where are we staying?" Shehnaaz asked, rubbing some hand lotion into her hands. It was so cold, her skin was getting dry in seconds.

"Tere dil mei." He grinned, pulling the car door open for her. She grimaced at him and got in, shaking her head.

"Kya?" He chuckled, kissing her cheek through the window.

"Tu ghatiya jokes maarta hai. Aur mai nahi hassti hoon toh rohta hai." She said, watching him get into the driver's seat.

"Haan toh life ka goal hai na baby Mera... Tujhe hassana hai. Toh dukh toh hoyega agar accomplish nahi hua." He chuckled. She giggled, blowing him a kiss. He was being so charming.

"We're staying in a cottage. Direction.... Uh..." His brows were furrowed in concentration as he typed it in and stuck it phone to the holder.

"Yaha..." He pointed to the maps. She nodded, grabbing his hands in hers and rubbing them vigorously.

"Thand lag raha hai?" He chuckled.

"Nahi. Bas tujhe ready kar rahi hoon drive karne." She mumbled, blowing into his palms and rubbing them again. Her lips pressed gentle kisses to his knuckles and grinned at him. He was stomach was churning with anticipation for this trip. He was excited, nervous, so incredibly grateful for this opportunity he had gotten with her.

"Mera baccha..." She cooed, letting go his hands.

"Chale madam?"

"Haanji! Bhook laggi phirse!" She muttered, looking out as he drove out of the railway station.

"Yeh kitna sundar hai bebu!" She gasped. The snow covered mountains were almost glowing beautifully. Shehnaaz felt a tingle in her body as he drove into the nature, it was so beautiful outside. She had never seen a world this perfect. There were hills and grasslands all in the same place. As they drove up the road, up onto the mountain, Shehnaaz could see fog, the white fluff of the clouds. She rolled her window down and put her hand out, trying to grab it. Sidharth couldn't help but smile softly, he adored this woman. She was so perfect.

"Aaya haath mei?" He chuckled in a teasing tone.

"Chup kar." She scoffed, poking her tongue out at him.

"It's so beautiful." She sighed.

There was this calmness, this serenity to this stillness. It was so silent outside, only the singing of birds and insects could be heard. Shehnaaz smiled softly. There was a place in her head, where it was only her and him. A place that no force on earth could change. A place couldn't be defined but anything but their love - this place seemed close to it.

"This place is like you." She mumbled, her chin rested on the window and she felt her heart flutter with gladness.

"Hmm?" He hummed, the hand that was on the gear, it grabbed her arm and pulled on it till her fingers were entwined with his.

"Uhuh." She nodded, pulling her head back into the car and looked at him. He felt his entire world twinkling in her precious eyes.

There was this feeling, when something so magnificently beautiful stunned you. It rendered you speechless and it made you look back on every downfall and avalanche in life - and it made you realise the immense strength the human heart had - because you'd be willing to re-live that terror if it meant that it would get you to that point - where that magnificently beautiful thing will stun you and make you speechless. It was Shehnaaz for Sidharth. Because she looked at him like that. Like he was the figment of her very soul before her own eyes.

"It's calm and beautiful and precious like you. Jaise Babaji ne apne kalakari dikhaane banaya ho. Tu bhi aise hi lagta hai mujhe." She grinned, her cheeks turned red. He didn't know if it was because of what she had said to him, or because of how cold it was.