Chapter Sixteen.

Sidharth got out of the car, hardly limping now and walked up the three steps towards the door. He slipped his phone back into his pocket and pushed the door open. He could hear his new born nephew's screeching cries. His mother and sister were trying to console the baby. He walked towards his room, passing a smile onto Raju.

"Bhaiya, madam ne nahi khaaya subah se. Pata nahi..." Raju said.

"Acha?" He frowned.

"Haan bhaiya. Mai plate banadoon? Aap khikaaoge toh khaayegi." He said. Sidharth resisted the urge to roll his eyes and nodded.

Despite the promise he had made, life had confronted her harshly which had broken her heart again. He had promised that she won't face Gurmeet's parents, yet she did. She was called to give her final statement when they had crossed her path. It made them realise that there was truly no control over life. Shehnaaz however, she answered strongly. She answered willfully to them and left.

Sidharth carried the plate into his room, and she wasn't there. He didn't worry though. He knew where she was. The room smelt like Shehnaaz, his own cologne and a bit of Rangu. He could see her in the balcony, his radio was playing softly and Rangu was asleep against the railing. He opened the door and walked out. Her head was leaned back against the headrest, her eyes closed peacefully and she hummed softly.

The most beautiful piece of art he had ever seen, this girl. Her hair was wavy and flying everywhere. He could stare at her for hours, this flawless girl. She giggled, feeling his eyes on her.

"Gadhi." He muttered, sitting down next to her.

"Aap gadhe." She giggled.

"Seedha baith." He said, pulling her up.

"Khoon nikalna khatam." She declared.

"What? Where?" He gasped, grabbing her face and arms, looking for some kind of a wound.

"Waha nahi nonsense!" She giggled like a baby.

"Abey ey! Darra math. Kya hua?" He pushed, grabbing her face.

"Neeche se. Periods. Khatam hogaye.." She sighed in relief.

"Shit! Woh bhi toh hai!" He said in realisation.

"Kaise bhool jaate ho na tum bhi? Care hi nahi karte meri." She pouted dramatically. He pinched her lips in between his fingers.

"Chamaat lagega kaan ke neeche. Idiot." He scoffed.

"Aunty!" She screamed loudly.

"Aye! Chup kar!" He scolded.

"Aunty! Daant raha hain!" She cried out.

"Sana muh pe lagega phirse chillayi toh." He warned.

"Abi zyada Tezz bolna bhi nahi hai aur madam cheek rahi hain. Aur mom Abhi ko sambhaale ya tujhe?" He asked, sitting her up properly and pulling his tshirt down, the one she was wearing.

"Mujhe." She muttered. His lips tugged up into a smile.

"Gadhi." He muttered, shaking his head.

"Maine na... Abhi ke saath sehr kar aayi aaj." She smiled. He moved closer, pulling his legs up and pinching off a piece of paratha.

"Kaha?" He asked, feeding her the first bite.

"Garden mei." She pointed to the backyard in front of them.

"Haan? Mazza aaya?" He asked. She nodded, eating with no fuss.

"Mujhe chahiye tha ki tu wapas ajaaye lekin nahi aaya." She pouted.