goobie

This was probably one of my favourite chapters I've written in a very long time, it melted my heart and put it back together. It's a bit funny, a bit crude, a bit emotional, a bit romantic, a bit domestic, it's everything. This feeling was what I missed while writing! Please do comment & lemme know how you like it, these comments encourage me to write more lol otherwise I hit deadends.

*****

Home. It was such a wonderful place. Especially when you stay away for so long. And even more special because they were taking their youngest and last child home. A home-coming, for the last time ever. And it was a literal party.

Everyone at home were rushing around, getting things done in the last minute. The house was spick and span, deep cleaned and dusted, there wasn't even a speck of dust in the air. The entire house smelt like vanilla and cinnamons - the courtesy of Neetu di who lit up a bunch of scented candles and aroma therapy essential oils all over the house. It was so pleasant there was a hustle and bustle, but it was calm. A baby was coming home after all. Hot breakfast was being made in the kitchen, only light food for the next month or so, that was what was advised.

Sidharth was driving slowly and carefully towards the house. Shehnaaz sat at the back, holding onto the little baby who was fast asleep in her arms. She was in a light pink cotton dress and swaddled in a white and pink strawberry printed swaddle. Millind sat next to Sidharth in the front. He had driven Sidharth's car to the hospital after filling it up with fuel.

"Khaane mei kya bana aaj?" Shehnaaz asked. She was starving, so hungry.

"I think... Chilla banarahe hai? Oats and paneer ka chilla aur chutneys. And badaam ka sheera." Millind said, fiddling with the stereo in the car.

"Abey kuch nahi aata hai iss time radio pe! Kitne baar ghumaayega!" Sidharth said, smacking his head.

"Bhook lag rahi hai yaar!" She muttered.

"Yeh pura peelo! Teri saasuma ne bheja. Bola ki uthte hi dedo." Sidharth pointed at the flask with ragi Java in it. It was a healthy and an absolutely amazing tasting drink made with ragi, milk, dry fruits and jaggery.

"Bhool gayi Mai!" She gasped in delight and grabbed the flask.

"Give her to me." Millind turned back. They stopped at a red light and she gently handed off the newborn to him. He was so careful with the baby, it was unexpected and absolutely adorable how well he held her. She sipped on the drink, watching her child, just to be on the safe side. They reached home just a few minutes later. Raju was already at the door, ready to carry all the bags, stuffed toys and gifts that were loaded into the car.

Sidharth first helped Shehnaaz out of the car, she was still slightly weak from the surgery and was still coping from that loss of blood. Millind was too scared to get out of the car with the baby, so Sidharth grabbed her gently into his arms. They could hear the commotion inside. She held onto his arm tightly, taking each step with caution up the stairs.

"Here..." He whispered when they got to the door, handing the baby to her. She was fast asleep, so peacefully. He pushed the door open and let out a loud laugh at his family. There were just about a million balloons on the floor. The children were way to occupied with those. Both the mothers were rushing in and out of the kitchen, placing all the breakfast on the table. His sisters were trying to set the thaal to welcome them, Naina was clicking picture of all of her sisters and brothers, they did look adorable. And the men? They were... Examining... The new lift. As if they could understand it's functioning by just staring at it. .

"What a typical day at home." Shehnaaz giggled, ringing the doorbell. They all looked at the door, a unichorus of gasps sounded out dramatically.

"Aagaye! Sab ajaao!" Neetu yelled out. They all rushed towards the door. Preeti welcomed them this time, putting tiny little tikaas on their foreheads.