197.I just want you and nothing else

Sandara was perplexed when Lalisa used her words to accuse her.

She never expected from Lalisa to reverse the situation.

She looked at her as panic was apparent in her eyes, "What the hell are you saying? I truly came to visit you. I am the Empress Dowager, I can go anywhere."

"I don't need your permission to go anywhere not even your chamber. Do you get that?" her tone was sharp as she spoke.

Lalisa felt a tingling in her ears as she heard her high pitch voice from close.

It was annoying.

She frowned as she controlled the urge to itch her ears.

She clenched her hands together as she spoke, "Mother. It's okay if you don't like me. But you can't curse me to die like this."

"I am your daughter in law. What will people say that Empress Dowager wants the Empress to be dead? Am I that worthless in your eyes." her eyes were sharp but gentle enough to feel the pain in her voice.

"I am so upset that you think like that about me. I feel like I shouldn't have woken up from the coma. Then everything would have been fine. "

"You also wanted Eunbi to become Empress. If I hadn't woken up on time, then now Eunbi would be the Empress," she said to Sandara as her eyes saddened.

Her voice became heavy as she continued to speak. In between her words, sniffling sounds can be heard.

"I am sorry I disappointed you as an Empress. If you want I can give the title of Empress to Eunbi. I don't care about these titles. "

"I just want the affection of his highness. For him, I am ready to be the maid of him and pass on the title of Empress to Eunbi. "

Jeongguk's heart melted seeing her crying face.

He remembered the choice that his mother had given him when Lalisa was in the come.

She had asked him if she didn't wake up before her birthday banquet, then she will announce Eunbi as the Empress.

He was helpless at that time as he had no idea when Lalisa will wake up and if she will wake up or not.

Moreover, they need an Empress for the harem affairs to go on as Empress is the immediate head of the harem.

Empress Dowager is above the Empress. But she doesn't interfere in the daily affairs of the harem.

If Empress Dowager wants, she can ask for reports and details of work from the Empress. She can even appoint a worker or remove the worker from the service of harem.

She was also responsible to maintain the peace in the harem. Empress is the one who deals with the budget of the harem.

Before Lalisa always did her best to manage the harem, but Eunbi and Sandara interfered in her work.

Sandara always done what she wants and also fulfills the wishes of Eunbi.

Because of Sandara's open spending, Lalisa has to reduce her spending to balance the budget.

It was hard for Lalisa to manage Sandara and Eunbi who never listened to her.

Jeongguk looked at Lalisa and patted her on her shoulder, "Don't think about the bad things. It's a good thing that you woke up."

"Don't think much about things. You will always be the Empress of the Jeong Dynasty. No one can take your place from you." he said while gazing at her.

Lalisa turned to look at him and smiled.

When Eunbi heard those words, she tightened her fists as her long nails dug deeper into her palms as she felt pain from it.

She wanted the position of Empress but she will always be the Empress? No one can take her position?

These words made her numb as she unbelievably stared at Jeongguk.

Lalisa looked at Jeongguk and smiled. Inwardly she was jumping as she was waiting for him to say these words.

She knew that Eunbi wanted her position as the Empress.

What will be the most painful to see your dream scattering in front of your eye?

'Yay. That's how you play bi*ch. I don't care about being the Empress, but I won't let you happy until I am in this world.'

Lalisa still felt that something was lacking. She looked at Jeongguk and said, " No your highness. I know I am not capable enough to be called the Empress."

"Eunbi is from the Nobel background and have the royal blood in her veins. She is more capable to be the Empress than a mere daughter of the soldier like me." she pursed her lips as she spoke her words.

After that, she continued, "You should give this position to Eunbi as Mother wants it so much. I don't mind. I just want you and nothing else. " she said as she looked at Jeongguk in his eyes.

Jeongguk froze when he heard her words.

It's been so long since he heard her affectionate words towards him. He felt a surge of emotions brewing inside him.

Lalisa realized that she has spoken too much. She got so much in the act that she forgot about the emotional fool in front of her.

She felt a little regretful after seeing the touched expression of Jeongguk.

Eunbi was raging in anger as he looked at Jeongguk who was admiringly gazing at Lalisa.

She gritted her teeth as she interjected and said to Lalisa, "Sister, please don't say like that. I care for you and will never dare to take your position as Empress." she said with a forced concern.

Sandara looked at Eunbi and said, "What are you saying Eunbi? You don't need to get into the drama of this stupid girl. She is just faking it."

Eunbi smiled slightly as she spoke, "No mother. His highness is right. No one can sister's place as an Emperor."

Lalisa glanced at Eunbi as she wondered, 'What new trick she is planning?'

She can't understand Eunbi's plan. This girl was too mysterious to understand.