135.Banquet (2)

As Consort Eunbi and Consort Mei was chatting, suddenly they heard the commotion from the crowd.

They turned to look at the direction of the entrance and saw Jeongguk going back.

They looked at the scene with interest. All the consorts gathered around them to see what's happening.

Sandara was craning her neck to see what's happening but everyone was gathered in front of her so she couldn't see anything.

As Jeongguk entered the palace, everyone stared at him and many came to greet him. But when he turned to his side, there was no one.

He raised his eyebrows, and turned to the entrance gate and extended his hand.

Everyone was looking at his actions with curiosity.

'Who in the world, made the Emperor go back to the entrance?' Before he never waited for anyone and done this for anyone.

As he extended his hand, a soft and slender hand was placed on it. Then they saw the Emperor escorting the beautiful and exquisite lady in the palace.

It was Lalisa, the Empress.

Everyone was stunned to see Jeongguk escorting Lalisa into the palace. And that too by holding hands.

Many guests gaped at this scene, who knows about the position of Lalisa in the palace.

And others who did not know about the situation were smiling like nothing happened.

The consorts at the Royal sitting area were shocked at Lalisa's arrival.

The Emperor never cared about her before but now he brings her to the Banquet with him.

Making an entry with the Emperor means her position is no normal anymore. Even Eunbi has never got the chance to make an entry with the Emperor.

But Lalisa did, that too on the Empress Dowager's birthday banquet.

When Sandara looked at the Lalisa with Jeongguk, she was fuming in anger. She wanted Eunbi to be in that place.

She turned to look at Eunbi.

Eunbi was stunned to see Lalisa with Jeongguk. She turned her hands into fists. Just now, she was being happy that Lalisa was not here.

But here she made an entry with Jeongguk. She tried hard to control her temper and expressions.

Her face became paled.

When Lalisa made an entry while holding Jeongguk's hand, everyone was shocked to see them together.

And moreover, Lalisa was looking stunning. Not like before, she was now wearing the beautiful off white colored dress decorated with beads and gold and silver thread.

Not only that, but she was also wearing makeup and her hairstyle was also different from before.

Not only men but women were also staring at her. They noticed that she was dressed up differently.

And the things like her hairstyle, the color on her lips and the thing on her eyelid was something different yet making her more outstanding and beautiful.

She was a natural beauty with milky white skin but makeup enhanced her beauty making her look outstanding and enchanting.

The most shocking thing was, her dress was matching with Jeongguk's outfit.

Coincidentally, his outfit was also of the same colored outfit as Lalisa's decorated with expensive beads and golden thread.

Standing together, they look like they have planned to wear similar clothes, which make them outstanding in this Banquet.

When they both reached in the middle of the Banquet, many people greeted them and they nodded back at them.

Then they made their way to the royal sitting area.

He led her to the sitting area, still holding her hand. As the royal sitting area and their chairs were on some elevation, they have to climb a few steps to reach there.

By now everyone went to their seats and stood there and Eunbi stood near Sandara. As Jeongguk has not sat on his position.

He helped Lalisa climb the stairs. All his consorts, Eunbi and Sandara was fuming in anger and jealousy.

After they arrived at the platform, Lalisa looked at everyone.

They were wearing heavy clothes made of the same silk material which will make them burn their skin in this weather.

They are wearing heavy and shiny jewelry, and they were not well paired too. They just wore the most expensive jewelry that they had but they forgot to match it well with the outfit.

Her lips twitched in annoyance, seeing them murdering the fashion sense. Their horrible dressing sense was giving Lalisa a headache.

Then her eyes rested upon Eunbi. She raised her eyebrows in appreciation.

Eunbi was wearing a sea blue colored dress with well-complimented accessories and her hair was done in half updo and rest were open.

Lalisa thought, 'At least, she does have some sense of fashion.'

Whereas Eunbi was fuming in anger seeing Lalisa with Jeongguk. And she was looking beautiful.

It would not be wrong to say that, she was looking better than Eunbi.

She gave Lalisa a hostile look. Lalisa furrowed her eyes as she noticed her hostile gaze.

At that time, a consort spoke in a low voice to the Consort next to her, "Wow. The Empress was looking more beautiful than the consort Eunbi." she exclaimed in appreciation.

Her voice was low but it was enough for Eunbi to heard that. At this, her face became white in anger.

She hated Lalisa. She hated her for being the Empress. She hated her for looking so beautiful. She hated her, that she was alive.

She turned her hands into a tight fist, digging her nails into her palms, hurting her. But this humiliation was hurting her more.

She can't let Lalisa take the position of hers in the palace. She was the most beautiful, she should be beside Jeongguk right now.

But it was not her, but Lalisa.