138.Banquet (5)

As Eunbi represented her gift, everyone was praising her for being filial.

The rare jade stone was one of the famous treasures of L country which she has gifted to Sandara.

Everyone was also praising, her father for his loyalty towards the king. He had given his country's treasure, to the Empress Dowager in gift.

Eunbi's father who was present there came forward and bowed slightly in greeting towards the Empress Dowager.

Sandara also responded to their greeting by nodding at them.

After that, Eunbi turned towards Jeongguk and looked at him and gave him, her most innocent smile.

'Wow, so she robed her father's treasure just to impress this old hag? She's really one of a kind. ' Lalisa scoffed inwardly.

Jeongguk looked at Lalisa and noticed her unhappy look. He thought, that she was jealous that Eunbi was being praised like this.

Eunbi slightly bowed in front of Jeongguk, and he nodded at her in acknowledgment.

Now it's time for Jeongguk and Lalisa to present their gifts.

Everyone turned to look at them.

Jeongguk turned to Lalisa and gave her an assured look.

Lalisa thought, 'Do they have to be this dramatic about gifts?' She gave him an awkward smile.

Lalisa and Jeongguk stood from their seats and went in front of Sandara.

Sandara smiled at Jeongguk. And as usual a cold shoulder to Lalisa.

Lalisa also stood in front of her, with a forced smile on her face.

Jeongguk gestured Minho to bring all the gifts he has prepared from his and Lalisa's side.

In reality, everyone was surprised that Lalisa and the Emperor were giving gifts together.

Before Lalisa use to do it all alone.

But it was the first time that Jeongguk was doing it with her.

Though Kim Lisa or say Lalisa has no idea about it. Nobody has told her this thing.

So it was all casual for her.

In a minute, Minho brought two servants with him, both were carrying a basket with them.

Those baskets were covered with golden cloth as well.

Lalisa raised her eyebrows at this.

She was also curious to see, what he had prepared to gift, and these are from both her and his side.

The two servants placed the basket on the table and stepped back.

Then Jeongguk looked at Lalisa and said, "Mother, These are the gifts from our side. We wish you a long life on this birthday."

Sandara raised her eyebrows at his words.

She doesn't like that her son was giving this much attention to Lalisa.

Then Jeongguk slowly removed the cloth from the baskets.

One basket was filled with ginseng and health tonics and another basket was filled with all kinds of ornaments.

The ornaments were of varying quality and they were lots in quantity, almost dropping from the basket.

Everyone's mouth was kept open seeing this much ornaments.

Then Jeongguk said, "Mother, this ginseng was 1000 years old and very precious. And these tonics are also for your health. These are from Lalisa's side. These will help you to maintain your health."

Sandara who was smiling before, her expressions became stiff hearing Lalisa's words.

She loves to maintain her health and body, so she consumes healthy tonics daily, so these were the perfect gift for her.

But she frowned hearing that it was from Lalisa.

She gave Lalisa a disdainful look.

Jeongguk continued, "And these ornaments are from my side. Mother, I know how much you love to collect different kinds of ornaments. So I brought all kinds of different ornaments in the country." he said with a smile.

Sandara also smiled at his son's thoughtfulness.

Whereas Lalisa was busy staring at the basket full of gold, jade, ruby and what not kinds of ornaments.

She was also a big ornament collector in modern times.

She used to attain many charity events and auctions where she finds that these antique ornaments were going to auction.

But right now, these are in front of her. And that too, in such a large quantity.

She was practically drooling at the ornaments.

Her eyes were as bright as stars seeing those 'precious babies.'

But she was forced to come out of a stupor when she heard Eunbi's voice from her side.

"Your Majesty, you're so thoughtful to prepare these gifts in place of Sister. I know she just woke up so she didn't have time to prepare for this banquet."

"So you prepared gifts from her side. That's.. really considerate of you." She said the last sentence with the tone of sarcasm.

When Jeongguk was explaining the gifts to Sandara, Eunbi came to Lalisa's side to see the gifts.

She wanted to see, what Lalisa has prepared. But seeing the gifts she realized it was Jeongguk who prepared them.

So she wanted to add some fuel in the fire.

When Lalisa heard Eunbi's words, she turned to look at her and gave her an annoyed look.

'This girl disturbed me, from admiring my babies.'

Hearing Eunbi's words, Sandara also said to Jeongguk, "Gguk, you shouldn't prepare these gifts in her stead. You're already busy but had to prepare gifts from her side as well."

"These gifts are to show one's loyalty and show their best wishes, and moreover she was fine now."

"Even for formality, she should have prepared a gift for me. At least, this much she can do as an Empress ."

"Then what the use if she can't show respect to the Empress Dowager. This only shows how she does not respect me, as her mother in law," she said righteously.

Though she does not take Lalisa as her daughter in law, she will not let her insult her.

She was still her, mother in law.

When Lalisa saw Sandara and Eunbi doing all the melodrama, she snickered inwardly.

'Ah, so they want to make me a bad person. She's deliberately saying all these things in front of so many people, to degrade my reputation, but what to do?'

'I am not Lee Lalisa, who will take all your shit. I am Kim Lisa, I have seen all this drama from my childhood. '

'So do you think, I am not prepared enough? ' Lalisa smiled devilishly seeing Sandara's drama.