142.Banquet (9)

Seeing Lalisa being so arrogant and surrounded by the praises of other consorts.

Even the ladies from the prestigious families and Princesses were interested in the Lalisa's gift, as it will help them to make themselves prettier.

And those who were finding a potential husband for their daughters were dying to hold onto the gift of Lalisa.

This will make their daughters look beautiful and better and it will help them to get a good husband.

Not knowing the ruckus that she has created, Lalisa was busy explaining about the Lipstick to the Consorts, who have surrounded her like bees.

Jeongguk smiled seeing Lalisa happily mingling with the other Consorts.

Eunbi looked at him from side-eye and felt her blood boil when she saw Jeongguk looking at her with admiration in his eyes.

His eyes were glistening, seeing the smile of Lalisa and this made her gone mad.

After a while, Lalisa came back to her seat and sighed.

'Ah, I am so tired. It' s been more than a year, since I have worked so diligently. I never thought that I will miss my work so much. ' she thought as she sat on her chair, beside Jeongguk.

Though she had studied business in abroad, but being in the fashion city, it increased her interest in fashion and cosmetics.

She went to many seminars, fashion shows and read many fashion magazines.

She was planning to start her brand after coming to Korea. She had thought, if she were to do business, then she will do it in fashion.

But when she came back, her marriage was fixed to Jungkook as her grandfather was sick and to fulfill his last wish she married Jungkook.

When her grandfather died, she was so devasted. She doesn't want to go back to her grandfather's company which is under Jungkook now.

Somehow she became rebellious. She doesn't want to do what others say.

Her only family, her grandfather died. Her relationship with her father was already broken.

She even had to bear Kim Nancy, who was now working in Jungkook's office.

She never accepted but her scary encounter with Nancy's craziness in high school made her a little scared of her. But her self esteem never allowed her to accept this fact.

Every time, she looked at her she tried to curse at her, scold at her just to get an upper hand.

She wanted to show Nancy that she was now Mrs. Jeon, the position that she desperately wanted.

That was one of the reasons, she said yes, to marry Jungkook.

When Lalisa was busy reminiscing the past, Jeongguk spoke to her,

"when did you make this kind of thing?"

His words woke her up.

She looked at him, with her dazed eyes and said, "Eh? You said something?" she asked hesitantly.

Jeongguk looked at her and said, "I asked, when did you make this thing? You recently woke up from the coma. When did you get the time to make this?"

"And... If you had prepared this gift then why didn't you said this before. I would have added them with my gifts." he asked hesitantly.

Lalisa looked at him awkwardly.

'I also don't want to make it for her. I was just experimenting with making new shades and ended up making so many samples.'

'These were of low quality and impactful than mine, but who cares? These samples are already best for them.' she thought inwardly.

She looked at him and awkwardly said, "Ahm, after talking to you, I didn't feel good. Because it was Empress Dowager's birthday."

"Despite, her behavior, I should prepare for her birthday as the Empress. Because in the end, people will only accuse me, for being unfilial not the other way around," she said straightforwardly.

Being with Jeongguk, she can't help but to behave like her original self.

Somehow, she feels that it's okay to be open with him. Because she has noticed that he was trying to accommodate himself according to her.

She knows that Lalisa and he didn't have a good relationship. But she exactly doesn't know the base of their misunderstanding.

She doesn't want to judge him, based on the previous memories of Lalisa, that she doesn't have much.

If she were to live in this world, then she will lead her life, in her way. She doesn't want to follow the same misunderstandings and grudges of Lalisa.

She was not here to revenge Lalisa, moreover, she doesn't remember anything. And she doesn't want either.

She just wants to live a normal life.

She will do as people do to her. If they try to mess with her, then she will also not leave them.

She was not some saint to sit back and let them humiliate her.

She will scare the hell out of them.

Hearing Lalisa's words, Jeongguk looked at her in surprise.

It was the first time, no actually after woking up from coma, she was speaking from her heart. She was opening her real feelings to him.

Otherwise, before she only cared about him and Sandara. Her real self was somewhat disappeared taking care of everything.

The Palace had blurred the true identity of Lalisa. She became the Empress, daughter in law and wife, but somewhere in between, Lalisa has lost her real self.

Before he could say anything, Eunbi spoke, "These are nothing. Even I also have the same kind of lip color. My mother sent me from L country. It's not a big deal. I don't know why everyone is making such ruckus."

She said to Yerin, whose seat was slightly below from her.

She said loud enough to let other people hear her words.

The other Consorts stopped in their conversations and looked at Lalisa with confused gazes.

Because though Lalisa was in an upper position, but in the harem, Eunbi has an upper hand.

Lalisa looked at everyone and said.

"As I said earlier, that this gift is personally made by me and nobody... I said nobody can make this thing in this country other than me. Because I was the one who invented this thing." she lied arrogantly.

"And the color you're talking about is nothing but a mixture of rose petals powder and some oil. That's it. And mine is much better than that. " she turned to look at Eunbi.

"It's color is dark and strong and also durable. It won't disappear after an hour. You can see your lip color and mine. " she said outwardly.

Everyone started whispering to each other. Because they could see how Eunbi's lips were now back to her original self.

Eunbi's lips are already pink. So they didn't notice it earlier.

But looking closely at it, they could feel the difference.

And on the other hand, Lalisa's lip color was intact and making her lips look beautiful.

They could see the difference.