155.The Right Side

Jeongguk sat on the large and royal chair at the end of the table. The chair in the middle of one end was for the Emperor and on another end of the table, was for the Empress Dowager.

As he sat down, he gestured Lalisa to sit beside him. She reluctantly sat there.

Eunbi stood there confusingly.

The right side of the Emperor is very important, only his favorite wife could sit there. Before Empress Dowager makes Eunbi sit there but now he let Lalisa sit there.

Her face was red with embarrassment as all the concubines were laughing at her because they were always jealous of her because before she used to sit there.

Sandara also got angry seeing her son behaving like this. He let Lalisa sat on Eunbi's place.

She always believed that the right side of Jeongguk is for Eunbi and now Lalisa was sitting there.

She does not dare to say anything to Jeongguk so she turned to Lalisa and said, "Lalisa, why are you sitting at Eunbi's seat. Don't you have any shame? Quickly, get up from there and sit there." she said while pointing towards the seat far away from Jeongguk.

Hearing Sandara's words, Eunbi felt relieved. At least she has Sandara to get her back.

Jeongguk furrowed his brows hearing his mother's words. As he was going to refute her words, he heard Lalisa speak.

"Eunbi's seat? Is her name written on it?" she asked innocently and bend down to see under the chair, " Why can't I see her name written on it?"

She said these words innocently. But there was a tinge of sarcasm in it.

She thought, 'Hah. Eunbi's seat? Frankly speaking, I have no interest in sitting with him but I hate when people try to provoke me. Now I will see, how could you let Eunbi sit on this seat.' she raised her brows in provocation.

Hearing her words, Sandara's blood boiled. 'This wench is becoming more and more ruly. I have to show her place.'

"What are you saying? I never said that Eunbi's name written on it but it was Eunbi's seat by right. This seat is for Emperor's beloved wife and that is not you. It's Eunbi." Sandara said as she gritted her teeth.

Their arguments gained everyone's attention in the room.

Many people gathered there to see what's happening? At this Jeongguk was losing its temper.

Before he could say anything, Lalisa spoke again, "Oh. Then isn't Emperor's favored wife is me because he was the one who asked me to sit here? I did not sit here because of my own will. " she said making an innocent face.

Everyone was stunned. Her words were direct but true.

They all saw how Emperor asked her to sit there.

The whispers started in the hall.

Jeongguk looked at Lalisa with stunned expressions. He was planning to spoke to his mother and save the damsel in distress but she leaves him behind again.

Then he cleared his throat to hide his embarrassment and said, "Yes mother. I was the one who asked her to sit here. It's up to me who I wanted to sit here or not. So please don't say things like that this place belongs to someone. It should be me saying this not you."

Eunbi tried to maintain her dignity and said to Sandara, "Yes Mother. It's okay. Let sister sit there. It's not a big deal. I will sit there. " she said with a hesitant smile and went towards Jeongguk's left side and sat.

Lalisa looked at her and thought, "What was the big deal in sitting at his right side? And why the hell they are fighting just to sit with this guy? Is he that special that he needs so many women to fight over him'. She felt weird seeing everyone argue for his attention.

After they settled in their seats, Jeongguk signaled the head eunuch to serve anyone the dinner.

The servants who were standing behind their chairs came forwards and started serving dishes one by one.

The table was full of varieties of dishes and all were traditional Chinese dishes.

The food was mouthwatering.

Lalisa already hungry because of all the drama. She licked her lips, seeing the food in front of her.

The smell was so intriguing that she can't wait.

A servant came to her and placed a bowl of noodles in front of her. Aside from noodles, it has fresh veggies and meat.

The smell was to die for.

But the portion of noodles was very small for her.

She furrowed her brows.

She noticed that Jeongguk's portion was bigger than hers whereas all the ladies were having small portions.

'What kind of arrangement is this?'

She looked at the servant and said, "What is this? Why the portion is so small? Bring me a bigger bowl." she said with an annoyed voice.

All the women like to eat in small portions as they believe that it was not good for them to eat large portions, as it will make them look like a glutton.

These kinds of things, they were doing from their childhood because this is what they were taught.

In their teaching of becoming a good wife, they were taught to not eat large portions in front of others or your husband. As it will make you look like a glutton and it will be hard to maintain your perfect image.

Lalisa found it ridiculous and ordered a large bowl of noodles.

Everyone looked at her and Sandara also furrowed at her behavior.

Eunbi looked at her with mockery and said, "Sister, what are you doing? It's not right for you to eat so much. A lady should not eat like this, it's not proper."

Sandara said, "Eunbi, don't teach her anything. These kinds of people cannot understand what is proper or what is not." she said in an annoyed tone.

Lalisa got irritated due to their behavior. She never seen someone saying that eating to your fill is improper.

Before she could say anything, Jeongguk pushed his bowl to her and said, "Eat this. I haven't touched it yet."

Then he took her small portion of noodles and placed them in front of him.

Everyone was stunned at his actions.

Sandara looked at him and shouted, "Jeongguk, what are you doing? How can you take her small bowl and why does she need to eat so much? "

Jeongguk looked at his mother and said, "It was me who wanted to eat less. It's none of your problems. So please don't meddle with my affairs."

Sandara stared at her son in disbelief.

Before this, he never talked to her this way. He told her not to meddle with his affairs?

She felt embarrassed. She glared at Lalisa and grunted in dissatisfaction.

Lalisa was also surprised when Jeongguk exchanged their bowls. She never expected that he would do something like this.

It was when she felt her heart skipping a beat. She felt that everything around them was in slow motion.

But suddenly she jolted back at her absurd thinking, and thought, 'What stupid thoughts I was having. Focus Lisa. Focus. You cannot be fascinated by his handsome face and body.'

'At least have some integrity.' she scolded herself inwardly.

But she can't help but steal glances at him.